What does Santa bring?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TheBTeam Guest

Default Re: What does Santa bring?

Both of our children have their own stocking each and these have been hung on the patio door handle, these are filled with smaller bits like choc and pens etc and then they have a pile of stuff next to it, and it includes some of the things we know have been asked for. They then have a pile of presents from us, on christmas eve we go through and wrap everything and then decide exactly what is from whom so that they do not feel left short by either fc or us.

This year my ds who is 11 and starting to be a little uncertain of fc has decided to try and catch him out by putting the stocking in his bedroom, this has got dd7 in a pickle as she is terrified to have the stocking in her room, as she doesnt like the idea of having someone go in there and waking her as she thinks she will spoil it for all children, so she then got very upset because if she leaves hers downstairs he may not go upstairs to ds!! Oh boy are we having to think up some porkies to keep all happy and not blow the secret!

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PixiePetal View Post
    Mine get toothbrushes too - even as teens DH needs a new one so he will get one in his stockng too
    Mine too!!!!!!!!!! Mind you at 18 its still a job to get them to use them!!!!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Our stockings are hung by the chimney (with care ) and filled with small gifts (make up, jewelry, pens, fairy wands, choccies, sweeties) and everything else is under the tree. Santa brings everything but one or 2 gifts with special meaning (such as Seri's engraved wooden memory box this year). She even thinks the small pewter box containing her first tooth and her plait from when she had her hair cut is a special gift from The Tooth Fairy AND Santa together. Time enough for her to learn the truth when she's older. She's already starting to question if he's real and I can't bear it!

I had never heard of the stockings/gifts on the bed until I read Harry Potter (before I moved to England). I think it's such a sweet idea.
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

My two are too old for Santa now but in the past it went like this:

Santa brought main presents - not wrapped and always set up ready to use (Irish way) plus some surprises such as annuals - he also left full stocking with bits and bobs e.g. pens diaries sweets etc. and a clementine in the toe.

They had wrapped presents usually very useful stuff from us such as special trainers they wanted which came from Mammy and Daddy

Then they had Presents from Grandparents and Aunties etc - (these were usually bought and wrapped by me - famiily usually sent the cash - cause I had loads of time to shop - NOT)

On Christmas Eve when they went to bed Santa's Elves left new PJ's slippers and Dressing gowns on their beds to wear so they had nice new stuff on in the Video the next day.
    Celest

Oct, 87
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My kids when they were younger were told that we used to send money to father christmas and he would get their presents. As some of their friends knew what they were getting, so I said I didnt know what to get and didnt have the time so Father christmas had the money to get what he knew they really wanted.
    Its very difficult as some kids get presents worth hundreds of pounds and some kids only get a small amount spent on them! So thats why I said santa i sent as much money as I could afford to send and he made the presents!!! Worked here.
    This year still had to do a treasure hunt, where santa left a clue in their sacks and they had to go around the house looking for the next clue. It gives us time to have a hot drink and tidy up a bit. So even at 17 and 25 years old it doesnt get any easier!!!!! One year I did the clues in french son wasnt impressed (funny though). This year they had to ring relatives in on it for the next clue, got them wishing them happy christmas at the same time!
    Seems everyone does things different, no way is the right way, just have fun

xx

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

this is interesting

My daughter is 6 and i have always gone a bit mad on presents at christmas, i don't get her stuff normally and see this as the one chance she can be spoilt.

I leave a stocking in her room and all her main presents under the tree. This year tho she asked what I had got her , i then explained that we send santa money, i've never thought about it before so maybe next year i will keep some presents back from me.
    She always gets pjs and tooth brush and new slippers in her stocking and she has to get changed before she comes down
    This year we put flour on the floor by the front door and made foot prints everywhere
    I dread the day she doesn't believe

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

in my house santa always leaves a present on the end of ur bed when hes been,thats off him. all others are under the tree in sacks off famliy and friends. i always get son to read labels even from a young age so he knows who has given him what.. when people drop presents off b4 xmas day i place them under the tree saying santas helpers will be along later tonite when we have gone to bed to collect them and if he is good will bring them back xmas eve ready for xmas day if not it will be given to another good little boy. now hes 17 i thought i could get away with not doin this how ever this year he helped bring presents down and place them under the tree then asked if he was still gettin one on the end of his bed so he got to choose which present he wanted with me saying oh no not that one pick another didnt want to spoil any suprize

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12