Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WHEN WILL YOUR TREE GO UP

I love Christmas it's the best but I can only cope with the tree for so long.
    I'm so excited though it's my daughters first proper Christmas she will be 18 months, last year she was only 6 months and slept most of the day, so this time I can't wait, she loves lights so it should be very interesting when we put the tree up.

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdancer View Post
    Blimey, I feel like such a kill-joy now Ours goes up the weekend the kids break up from school, so it'll be 19th or 20th December this year.

Although now that I'm thinking about it I'm starting to panic over where its going to go as I bought a desk for the kids' computer back in the spring and its sitting where the tree usually goes!!
    hubby's birthday on the 20th so we often wait until the next day so he can celebrate his birthday and not christmas
    comes down new years day too

sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

mine is going up ready for my mum visiting on the 11th december and will come down asap after christmas, the kids can have the tree up in the playroom and the window stickers on before that if they want though

charlotte x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine2767 View Post
    Ours goes up the first weekend of December and I cannot wait.
    Mine do too, I fetched it out of the attic at the weekend to check it still worked and I didnt want to take it down again

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is a house near me with tree up, wreath outside, stockings by the fire

We are usually the first weekend in Dec but to be honest I'm just not christmassy this year
    Paula

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymop View Post
    So this year I am gonna hang on a few weeks later and put it up on 27th Nov - is that too early?

NOPE mines going up on saturday 28th

comes down around new year (last year i took them down on 2nd jan)

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine will go up just as soon as I get the living room painted and re-organised. I usually have it up for about 3 weeks but it doesn't come down until after the 6th January the feast of the Epiphany which is the day the Wise Men went to visit Jesus with the gifts - where the tradition of exchanging gifts comes from. it is a holy day in the Catholic Church and is known as little Christmas in Ireland - (I'm sure the Epiphany is celebrated in all Christian Churches) so I'm afraid it is part of Christmas and so everything stays up until after that much to DH's annoyance that is why nothing goes up too soon I really would get sick of it all.
    Celest

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    NOPE mines going up on saturday 28th

comes down around new year (last year i took them down on 2nd jan)
    Mine comes down on the 2nd, then I can get it all packed away and clean before mindees come back I sometimes leave the nativity scene till 6th - my catholic upbringing
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: WHEN WILL YOUR TREE GO UP

Last year we had two we always get a real tree and last year no difference on the 1st it was up and by the 19th it was nearly dead and on the 22nd we brought our second tree we have a coal fire and it killed my tree so this year its either a late tree or not many coal fires

Taking the tree down is always two or three days after christmas day the quicker the better, we get bored of it...

but i love a roaring fire, christmas lights on, soppy film, bottle of wine and chocolates, oh bring it on could just do with it now xxxxxxx

oh, how many days to chirstmas????
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

Daddy Day Care Guest

Up 24th down 26th bahhhhhhhhh humbug

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PixiePetal View Post
    So will we all post pics of our trees when they go up? I would love to see other peoples trees - I am sad, I know
    blatantly stolen from a forum i used to 'frequent' we had a thread for all our tree pics and on about the 15th of dec one was chosen as the best and the winner got a little tree ornament. shall we do something similar. nominate someone to choose. i dont mind buying the dec. ( angel was the nearest thing to a christmas icon!!!)

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

mine always goes up the first Sunday in Advent or the last Sunday in November whichever is sooner. This year they fall the same date. It takes nearly a whole weekend as we have a large 7ft tree in the front room, and one in the dining room as well. We also decorate the playroom which also used to have a tree in but it was years old and finally died a death a couple of years ago.

Have threatened not to put the dining room tree up this year as I usually scratch myself to death putting that one up.

Putting up the decs usually causes world war 3 in our house as I like things symmetrical on the tree (I am sure I have OCD but not he cleaning bit of it) but hubby has to do it as I am not tall enough and just putting two sets of lights on takes forever. Mine go up so early so that the mindees get to see it all whilst we prepare for everything but they come down on News Years Eve as I like to see the New Year in with a clean house.
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanksgiving is the 3rd Thursday in Novemeber and it's traditional in The States to put your tree up any time after that. Tony usually makes me wait til 1st of December but we're going away for Xmas and I want to have time to enkoy the three and decorations. So just dpeends on when I get a chance to thoroughly clean the house which is one of my musts before decorating.

My tree is always down by New Years. It gets on my nerves by then.
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Day Care View Post
    Are you kidding me ddc

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours will go up 1st weekend in Dec and our village has a Christmas festival on the Sunday so big switch on of the lights.
    We also have 2 trees one in living room and one in dining room, no-one is allowed to help me put them up as they have to be just so We had lights on the windows 2 years ago but they really annoyed me so they got wrapped around the banister last year.
    Cant wait now feeling really festive going Christmas shopping at the weekend
    Joy xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Day Care View Post
    Oh no Gareth

Where is your christmas spirt

Angel xx

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven Scent View Post
    Mine will go up just as soon as I get the living room painted and re-organised. I usually have it up for about 3 weeks but it doesn't come down until after the 6th January the feast of the Epiphany which is the day the Wise Men went to visit Jesus with the gifts - where the tradition of exchanging gifts comes from. it is a holy day in the Catholic Church and is known as little Christmas in Ireland - (I'm sure the Epiphany is celebrated in all Christian Churches) so I'm afraid it is part of Christmas and so everything stays up until after that much to DH's annoyance that is why nothing goes up too soon I really would get sick of it all.
    We also don't taked ours down until epiphany, and it probably won't go up until the 18th this year, which is when we are starting our 2 week break Have a crawler who is just pulling himself up to stand, so don't think I could cope with the stress before! I will put other bits out and have my garland on the mantle piece

Post Thanks / Like

When my son was little I used to wait until after his birthday on 20th Dec, so he could have that first. As he got older he complained that his friends all had theirs up much earlier - sometimes you just can't win !!!!!!!!!!

I would like to wait until the week before christmas, but then lo's won't see it as I finish work when the schools break up - so will put it up 2 weeks before. It usually comes down 1st or 2nd Jan, I have had enough by then and want a nice clutter free house back again - well free from christmas clutter anyway

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours will probably go up the fist weekend in December!
    Me x

may 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

27th or 28th November just in time for december i love christmas and cant wait.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast