Trick or Treat - that's the way to do it...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Trick or Treat - that's the way to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by miss mopple View Post
    Personally I just dont get it to be honest. I dont approve of trick or treating at all and neither does DH.

I remember one halloween when DD1 was about 2 and trick or treaters knocked on the door and I opened it. It scared the living daylights out of her to see them all dressed up. I refuse to open the door to them now as DD2 is only 3 and it would have the same effect and also because I simply dont agree with knocking on doors asking for sweets. Its just not right IMO.

I know alot of people love it, but I just dont get the appeal, grumpy old woman that I am
    Notquite the same but
    I had a belated Birthday/Halloweenparty for DS2, we had 8 kids here, all dressed up and face painted, when my 26 mth old mindee turned up,
    I had decorated the walls in the living room and dining room with large room decorating posters, with ghost and stuff on them, the curtains were shut and only had one lamp on, so I guess it didnt look like Mandys house IYSWIM to him.
    He really wasnt sure, judging by the expression on his face, about any of it.
    Bless
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i hate trick or treaters too

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhorse View Post
    that's a good idea..

we only had 2 lots of children at the door tonight...despite the pumpkin with candle outside the door...
    so I am left with lots of candy that we dont eat/like...

any ideas of what to do with it??

It is a nightmare...if one year I dont have any...there are hundreds of kids...then the next year I stock up...and none or hardly any show up...must be one of Murphy's law's....
    Glasgow city mission would love it! It's a christian charity for the homeless. Do you still go to Little Creations? If so the church sends food parcels to them weekly so you could take it along there
    Ali xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12