Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: OMW

Registered Childminder since
    June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OMW

The rain here is not just bad its as though someone made a hole in the sky and all the water came rushing out at once - I have a dual aspect lounge and its walloping off the windows at both ends - of the room it usually only hits the glass at one end of the room - I haven't seen anything like this in ages and its been hammering down like this for over an hour - I bet some roads will flood - not looking forward to school run - its not to bad because mindee is meant t be gone by 3 and I've just had a call from pick up childs dad who says he's off today and will do it. So I've only got to get my own DD and she comes out to the car by herself so thats brill - she is in yr6 now so needs to become a bit independant before she goes to High School.
    Celest

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OMW

mumblegrumble .....

I've got 6 to pick up today and none come out alone. i did start allowing the yr6 to come but he was a little well actually alot disorientated and wasnt able to cross the road with the lollypop man, he just froze up and panicked so now he waits for me ..... bless him not sur ehow he will cope when he has to travel on the bus to and from school, hopefully his parents can work that out real soon.

oh waffle waffle yeah good news it isnt raining right now but it will by 3pm it always does!
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Where abouts are you? I've just sat down with my lunch (all the los in bed asleep) ans like you I have a dual aspect from my kitchen. Bright sun and blue sky out the back facing south, black skies and building clouds out the front facing north!!!! Glad I don't have a school run today! I'm in the south east.

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not raining here (midlands), although come 2.30 it will probably chuck it down.

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does it always do that at school time!!!!! Not that I do the school run anymore but honestly feel for those who do!!
    Sue

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven Scent View Post
    The rain here is not just bad its as though someone made a hole in the sky and all the water came rushing out at once - I have a dual aspect lounge and its walloping off the windows at both ends - of the room it usually only hits the glass at one end of the room - I haven't seen anything like this in ages and its been hammering down like this for over an hour - I bet some roads will flood - not looking forward to school run - its not to bad because mindee is meant t be gone by 3 and I've just had a call from pick up childs dad who says he's off today and will do it. So I've only got to get my own DD and she comes out to the car by herself so thats brill - she is in yr6 now so needs to become a bit independant before she goes to High School.
    It was like that here yesterday, we have sun today, still chilly though, im doing this with my dd as she starts high school sept , i now leave her in the mornings once shes in the gate, must admit i miss my playground natter

jun 79
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstandingb
    Post Thanks / Like

You can almost make bets on what the weather will be a 3o'clock!!! Its been so sunny all day , now the the sky has gone really dark so i would imagine by the time we get back to my house we are going to be very wet. Hopefuly those who went to school with parent will have coats with them
    Sue x

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Now its not raining anymore but we are having dry electric storms and the thunder is really really loud its right over us - its quite nice really as we are all indoors and all my mindees finished at 3.00 so feel quite smug really - do have to go out later to take dd to Guides - then treat her for nits when she gets back - I'm sick of it I'm treating her almost weekly since Christmas and its getting me down someone in her class obviously has them and is doing nothing about it - and the lotion can be got FOC so no excuse!!!!!!!!!!!
    Celest

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually - not so smug now - just discovered that I do have to go out - got a meeting at DS school @ 6.30 about his france trip at the end of may and DD has to have a letter and cheque at guides @ 7.30 for a trip the same week-end now its all hands on deck - don't know how to get DD to guides though.
    Celest

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Cant believe how close we live and you've had it that bad. I was on the way home from a children's centre between 2 & 3 and it was quite nice. It didn't start raining until about 4:15 here in Hanley, but its not stopped. Had no thunder at all.

Cant believe how lucky not have rain on my school run
    Helen xXx

Sep 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Its been gorgeous here all day. No rain but a little chilly.