Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SMEAR TESTS!!!

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SMEAR TESTS!!!

Just been reading the 'poor Jade'thread and seems a few of us girlies are putting off our smear tests. Just thought I'd get everyones attention in case they don't read other thread and say GET YOUR SMEAR TEST BOOKED !!!!!!

I'm as bad as the next person as I hate them too but its so important. I've had cancer myself ( thankfully skin cancer not cervical ) but I know that the earlier its caught the better chance there is of treating it. Mine was malignant melanoma which is the most ferocious type of skin cancer but they caught it early and after having plastic surgery to cut it out I am now fine (quick touch wood if you are reading this please )

The big C word is awful but its so important that we look after ourselves so come on all you naughty girls who are due a smear. GET ON THE PHONE THIS WEEK

jo x x x

Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: SMEAR TESTS!!!

It is so important and when someone like Jade hits the news it brings it right up there in our faces.

This sort of thing is more difficult for some other than just its unpleasant or embaressing, as I have learnt when we had this discussion before on here. So whilst we all know what we should do lets remember that for some its a little bit tougher. sorry I don't mean that to be supercillious or schoolmarm telling of.

Just as a point, I am booking my overdue one this week, thanks for the reminder

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jo

This is just the push I needed. Will be on the phone on Monday to book mine which is very overdue

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

had mine 2 weeks ago, awaiting results
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You are so right!

I am also booking mine tomorrow! Its really hard as being a minder,you cant exactly take the LO's with you can you?
    My dh is off this week, so I'll book it so he can have our 2 and I can go after the Mindees have gone.

I too have had cancer - of the bladder and have been following the jade story. I have shed tears and really feel for her and her sons.

Its just a shame it takes a potential death to make us all get off our bottoms.

LOOPYLISA Guest

So important i hate my yearly ones but this is wat happens if we don.t get them done x

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was booked last week.

I must admit I don't look forward to them but I have to have them every 6 months so am used to having them and I know I am being watched

Carol xx

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

my docs were really good they had my mindee in the office with them whilst I was in with the nurse last year.

if you do that though you must gain permission from parents first, luckily i have a good relationship with the parent involved so was able to be open and upfront with her.

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    It is so important and when someone like Jade hits the news it brings it right up there in our faces.

This sort of thing is more difficult for some other than just its unpleasant or embaressing, as I have learnt when we had this discussion before on here. So whilst we all know what we should do lets remember that for some its a little bit tougher. sorry I don't mean that to be supercillious or schoolmarm telling of.

Just as a point, I am booking my overdue one this week, thanks for the reminder

Would just like to apologise if I have caused upset to anyone x x x
    Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I should really get mine done - the problem is you have to do on a certain day of your cycle and its difficult when you have lo's, its not like saying I will be in to work an hour late on Monday morning, which you could do in a job outside the home!!! People then have to make alternative arrangements and I hate letting people down. That said I really must try and get mine done!!

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i haven't had one for about 8 years
    IS BACK

july 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    very good
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

i dread my reminder coming through the door then the wait for the results
    karen

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hebs View Post
    i haven't had one for about 8 years
    Don't you get reminders from the doctor??? Ours are quite good at sending you an appointmemt when its due and keep sending them until you book.

x x x
    Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Its really important, A few years ago age 25 I had an abnormal smear and needed treatment, they told me if I'd left it for 10 years, at best I would need a full histerectomy! I had no symptoms at all and was really shocked that I needed treatment
    Just think had I left it I could be really ill now, Im 33,

oh and due mine now, must get it sorted

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by misst104 View Post
    Don't you get reminders from the doctor??? Ours are quite good at sending you an appointmemt when its due and keep sending them until you book.

x x x
    This is wat happens here

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

i hadpre cancerous cells a few years back, i was only 24, (thought i was too young!!!) anyway now i'm being watched every year!!

now there's my scary story:
    my cousin right now in france is 37 a fell pregnant (by mistake she supposed to have a coil in)3months after having had treatment for cervical cancer. they don't know what happen to the coil. they just found out that the baby has abnormalities...waiting for result of amio to see how bad and what the next step is!!!!

it only takes 2min to do a smear, barely time to sort my shopping list!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can't do a daytime appointment because of minding most (a lot of) doctors run the odd evening surgery for family planning purposes which you can often use to have a smear test done. Ask you doctors what is available locally.
    In cloud cuckoo land somewhere

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to your local family planning clinic. My local one does two evenings per week. I always go there to have my smear because i can do it without mindees
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

x x x
    yeah they do but i have to admit i ignore them
    IS BACK

Pipsqueak Guest

Would just like to apologise if I have caused upset to anyone x x x
    not at all mist xxxx

Carolyn, you say you have to have the smear done at a certain time of your cycle, I have not ever been told this. Obviously there are times when it can't be done. Perhaps it because I have to make the appointment and take pot luck as my cycle is so irregular

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast