oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good morning! 23rd May 23

Good morning!

How is everyone this lovely sunny day?

Any wonderful plans? I've got a new little one (2.5 yrs) coming for a settling visit this morning, and my 2 2 yr old boys. I think we'll just play out in the garden. Hopefully then, my house will stay tidy ! .. I can dream!

Have fun xxx

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had a lovely day as we visit the local care home every fortnight on a Tuesday which the children really enjoy as well as the residents, it also tires them out which means everyone has a little nap after lunch and I get to have that rare thing ....a hot cup of tea some of mine have started dropping their daytime naps but our care home visit always tires them out to be fair I was ready for a nap too

No other plans this week, hopefully we will be out in the garden. One of my current children has just asked for an extra day from September so I don't think I am going to have a lot of space to fill luckily, maybe an odd day which is always a tricky one. I have a family waiting to start but they are siblings under 5 which I am not going to have the room for.
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We spent the morning in the garden, then the children all slept in the afternoon...a perfect day

I was glad we played out this morning because it actually went quite cold and overcast this afternoon. That definitely wasn't forecast.

Tomorrow we're off to the library for story time, then hopefully into the garden again.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of mine are on holiday, so I have had a quiet week. I only had one today and will only have one tomorrow. We tried a new playgroup today and tomorrow we are trying another one that we haven't been to before. It's really lovely spending 1-1 time with them.

I don't go to many groups these days. None of them compare to the surestart ones that we used to have. Well, maybe some do but they would be expensive. We didn't know we were born with the surestart groups!

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

quite agree Maza!

Although we only had a few, and they were sometimes a bit hit & miss. What our LA is doing now, is giving grants to toddlers groups etc to provide the service that they did! the toddler group i go to, has a proper set of baby weighing scales, and the health visitors actually send parents to our group to use them, but rarely ( if ever ) actually visit the group themselves! Luckily we have some very experienced and sensible mums, alongside myself and a couple of grandmothers, and we can usually advise/'signpost' on anything asked, but it isn't really fair!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh that's sad loocyloo. I used to love taking DD to get weighed when she was a baby. I also remember going with my mum to get my little brother weighed in the early 80s. The process hardly changed in all that time. It would be such a shame if that stopped happening.