oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

Hello!

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a restful and wonderful Christmas and is spending today- just like me - getting tidied up and ready for the mayhem of the next half term! ( and finding all the bits of paperwork etc that i just filed in a box, rather than spend 15 minutes actually putting it away at the end of term !! )

Does anyone have any exciting plans?

I'm going to have a quiet week settling everyone back in ( and possibly a new starter! Parent rang earlier ... her childminder has given immediate notice ( giving up ) and she needs care until July! going to visit and see where we go! ) and then we'll have a little look at Epiphany on Friday and that finishes off Christmas. I'm planning on being outside more ... depending upon my babies! I'm hoping they both really got the hang of it in the last 2 weeks and come back ready to run! We'll also be looking vaguely at Winter.

stay warm and safe and dry!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year everyone!

We had a lovely Christmas. Busy as always, but lots of fun.

I'm not back at work until 9th Jan, so I've got another week to get prepared. The first week back, a few of the children are increasing their days so we'll be taking it easy to help them get settled in. They're going from either 1 to 3 days, or 2 to 4 days, so I think the first week will tire them out, especially after the Christmas holidays.

We'll also be doing a Winter theme, of sorts. What we do usually depends on the weather. If it's cold and icy it's much easier to get into it than if we're having sunny winter days

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year ! We had a lovely family Christmas but it went by so fast.

First day back today, yesterday I did do a big tidy up of the playroom and garden Loocyloo. The garden was my priority as with all the wet weather we have been having everything needed a clean down. I am hoping to be outside a bit more too as the children behave so differently when they are outside plus I have seen a lot of childminders locally did the 1000 hours outdoors challenge last year. No exciting plans just following the children's lead as most of them were off for over two weeks due to various bugs. We will look at Winter at some point, we will make some bird feeders etc.

The children have come back today and two out of the three have now dropped their naps one of them was so tired by lunch time they have gone for a sleep anyway, the routine here is so different to when they are home as mum did say they have been sleeping in unlike this morning when they had to be up early to be dropped off.

Enjoy your week whatever you are doing!
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my 2 'big' boys ( 3.5 & 6 ) asked to go to the beach !!!!

So we did! it wasn't too cold, or blowy, and it wasn't even raining !!!! We had a brilliant time digging a big river for the sea to use and then went out for Fish & Chips for lunch!
    6 yr old said 'my teacher isn't going to believe me that we went to the beach today' I said 'possibly not, but Mrs X & Ms Y will, if you tell them I took you'

We're now sitting colouring and painting peacefully, and watching the rain splash on the patio! I had planned to get my slaves ( I mean 'big boys' ) to help me tidy up/sort the garden, but looks like I'll be doing it on my own another day!

20230103_111137.jpg
    Last edited by loocyloo; 03-01-2023 at 03:22 PM.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a great day! Our school went back today so we were straight back to school runs and of course it rained
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Sounds like you had a great day! Our school went back today so we were straight back to school runs and of course it rained
    Of course it did! It threw it down here at school run too!