Weekly chat 12th September
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly chat 12th September

How's everyone doing? Are we all getting back into the swing of things after the school holidays?

I had the first of my new starters here today. They settled brilliantly and it was a lovely day. I've got another one starting on Wednesday so I hope they have an equally good day.

What's everyone got planned for the week? We've got a toddler group pencilled in and a trip to the library. Other than that it'll be free play at home while the new children get used to us all.

Will everyone be closing next week for the Queen's funeral? I checked with my Monday families and they'll all be at home so I didn't feel so bad booking the day off. Why is it we always feel so bad about taking time off?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely day! After a spell of rainy and miserable weather, we've got the sun out today and it's been glorious in the garden.

I'm nursing a sore finger today after shutting the tip of it in a door last night. It really hurts but I've got nail varnish on so can't see if I've damaged it

I hope you're all having a good day

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe it's Wednesday already! The beginning of the week is so busy for me but the second half things calm down a bit.

Hope your finger is ok Mouse.

I told all my parents that I was closing Monday, most of them are not working Monday anyway. As each day passes more places are announcing that they will be closed for the day or part of it.

I just realised I missed Bake off last night, it's about the only thing I watch now alongside strictly!
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ok! so now it is wednesday evening! where is this week going? !!!

Hope your finger is ok Mouse, and that everyone is doing alright. it is a strange time. The children all seem to be slightly out of sorts too

I'm shut on monday, but then i don't work mondays anyway.

I totally forgot Bake Off was on as well, but i didn't really watch it much last year, so i don't think it had really registered with me that it was starting again. I'm not watching anything at the moment. I keep planning to watch Masked Dancer, but haven't got round to that either

enjoy the rest of the week everyone... the way time is going, it will be next year tomorrow!

5. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your finger feels better mouse.

I didn’t announce I was closing, it’s a bank holiday and I don’t work bank holidays does anyone on here?

I always feel guilty having time off. I feel guilty telling a ill Childs parent the child has to stay at home, why do we feel guilty ?

The sun is shining it’s a lovely day.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Hope your finger feels better mouse.

I didn’t announce I was closing, it’s a bank holiday and I don’t work bank holidays does anyone on here?

I always feel guilty having time off. I feel guilty telling a ill Childs parent the child has to stay at home, why do we feel guilty ?

The sun is shining it’s a lovely day.

I always feel guilty having time off, especially as a fair few of my families are farmers, and they don't really ever seem to have time off. DD will have auditions etc for College over the next few months down in the London area, and although she says she doesn't want/ need DH or I to go with her, we feel we ought to, especially as some are in difficult places to get to, when she'll need to be there at 8am! I've already prewarned everyone about these random days off I'll be taking, but I'm already feeling guilty about it.

Friday today, all day!
    Today is the calm before the storm ... just got 18mth old and just 3 yr old in ... but as from ftiday next week I will have my just turned 12mth old back and then my 11.5 mth old joins the fun having added a day! it will be hard for the first few weeks, but then I'm thinking it should be great!

Have a good day everyone xxx

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Both my little ones are now in full time school, one being grandson2. I’m at a real loss with nobody to play with. New neighbour made enquires about her one year old for a couple of days a week from November so maybe I should be making the most of it. Got schoolies before and after for 3 days a week too so that is helping with a bit of structure to my day. Have a good weekend everyone

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Both my little ones are now in full time school, one being grandson2. I’m at a real loss with nobody to play with. New neighbour made enquires about her one year old for a couple of days a week from November so maybe I should be making the most of it. Got schoolies before and after for 3 days a week too so that is helping with a bit of structure to my day. Have a good weekend everyone

Sylvia is it really quiet in your area then or have you chosen not to take anymore children on ?
    Pixie Dust

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t taken any more on but I’ve had enquiry. Thought I might enjoy the days to myself and still do full time in school hols. But I feel a bit lost without little ones around. Just not ready to slip into retirement in a couple of years. My friends who are childminders are full and still getting enquiries. I have to say that my 13 year old cat is enjoying the quiet days though

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post