Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly chat 8th August

I thought I'd make a head start and get next week's chat started today

How's everyone doing? All surviving the school holidays? I've been busier than normal as I've taken on some holiday school children, which i don't normally do. I had an ex-mindee coming through the holidays and my grandson is often here, so I thought I might as well take on some more holiday work. It's working well so far - the younger ones have enjoyed the older ones being here and the older ones all play nicely together. Having said that, it'll be lovely to get back to just the little ones in September

Has everyone had a good weekend? DD and I went to a carboot sale this morning and got some lovely toys for the children. I really didn't need any more and I'm not sure where I'm going to put them, but they were bargains so I couldn't not get them!
    I did some gardening when we got back, then sat in the garden to read my book...but fell asleep instead! That's what happens when you get up at silly o'clock

Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning! Holidays are going well. Quite quiet for me. The children seem to be coping with the heat. Supposed to be having a sports day with another childminder tomorrow but we will see how hot it is first

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning

I was away in Spain last week ... very very hot and lots of people! Decided ( well I knew really ) that I don't like busy places! That said, found some quieter lovely places, crystal clear sea and amazing food!

This week I'm off to Kent as DD has a dance course and it's just too far to drive there and back in a day ( plus both would mean driving in motorways in the dark and I don't particularly like driving in the dark! ) ... I looked at getting a hotel room for a night either end and it was barely any more to stay all week! My mum is coming to join me, so we'll have a little holiday. I'm back at work next week ... but think I'll be needing a rest from my holidays!

Enjoy the warm weather everyone and stay safe.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hot day today and going to get hotter before the weeks out. Quiet start to the week as got two on holiday, just as well as a heat person I am not!

Water and ice play inside today, painting , cars etc .

And ideas about keeping cool through the night welcome ( I know a fan!)

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to have a very cool shower before bed then sleep with the windows open and that’s me sound asleep for the night. We have an air con unit now, which I thought would be a total waste of money when my partner had it put in but five minutes once we get in bed and we turn it off and the rooms cool. I also used it a few weeks ago when it was so hot and let the children go and cool off for a while. They loved it

6. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Aren’t they expensive to run Sylvia?