Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Week beginning 11th July weekly chat

Good afternoon.

How is the weather with you? After a very hot weekend and monday, today is cooler here, and we've even had a few refreshing showers! ... this is obviously because I put up my sun shelter yesterday!

Our primary/ infant school has a new head starting in September and they have made a few changes, one being a change in hours! So they start and finish 15 minutes earlier!
    So it means my before schoolies will pay marginally less, and my after schoolies will have to pay marginally more ... but it's going to be a faff sorting out my 3pm pick ups, as if they are a minute late, then I will be late for school pick ups! Grrrrr! Why change hours?!!!!

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Phew...it's hot!

Yesterday was glorious, although we did have to come back inside for a break in the afternoon. Today started off a bit cloudy and cooler, with a couple of brief showers, but it was lovely to be outside in it. This afternoon has heated up again, but it's still cloudy which is making it quite oppressive. The children have been much grumpier.

That's a pain with the change of school hours Loocyloo. A few years back our junior school changed their finish time which meant there was a 20 minute wait between the infants and juniors finishing. They're on the same site, so it wasn't as if you had to walk far from one to another. It wasn't too bad hanging around when the weather was good, but in the winter it was awful having to stand in the cold and wet with the little ones. They changed it back after that year - I think too many parents had complained.

Has anyone got anything exciting planned for the week? We're doing lots of water play and trying to keep cool

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s so hot. The little ones aren’t even asking to go out. This morning was cloudy so we went to the park then round to a friends for water play. Very humid today. One preschool ends this week then the other one and primary school ends next Friday. None of my family’s are having holidays during the school hols so I’m heading for a very busy few weeks. Hope the weather holds but maybe a bit cooler

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have just had a little rain shower, had to run out and grab the washing off the line quickly. It's been very cloudy here today but hot. I feel so tired now!
    I have some who are on holiday this week so not so busy then next week is our last week before the summer holidays. I have already had one of my term time only families book in for the summer, I am hoping we will be able to get out and about a bit more over the holidays tis time now that my youngest ones are getting a little older.

Loocyloo I had the exact thing last September when a new head started at the school. Before Covid it used to be 3.15pm pick then when Covid happened they staggered the times between 3pm-3.15pm and then new head started and everyone now goes home at 3pm which has meant one family has had to collect 10 minutes earlier luckily they have been understanding.
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How's everyone coping with the heat this week? We've been going into the garden early and staying out until it gets too hot. It was lovely this morning - almost cold! We even managed a picnic lunch in the garden before the temperature rose and the children got grumpy

I'm not sure what we'll do on Monday when it's super hot. I think lots of water play, drinks and ice lollies - and that's just for me

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

wow! made it to the end of the week!

Today has been quite cool, with a fair amount of drizzle, and just had a huge torrential rainstorm!

We went to toddlers this morning and then didn't really do anything! everyone is just too tired after a hot week and just lay around! ended up putting the tv on.

I'm not working monday .. PHEW! ... but DD has a big ballet exam in the afternoon EEEEEEK! ... However, they will be allowed to take (LOTS of) water in with them, and a towel and i'm guessing it will be a bit slower than usual ... but it is already about 1hr 20 long! plus there will be air con and fans!

Have a good weekend everyone, and stay safe & cool

xxx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your daughter's ballet examine goes well loocyloo, my son has his graduation ceremony Tuesday which means we are travelling Monday night ready for Tuesday morning. I am not looking forward to it as its where the predicted highs are going to be in the 'red zone' I did contact the uni after the weather warning was announced asking if it would still be going ahead and they have said they have measures in place, its an conditioned building and we can take water in with us ! Nevermind that the graduates have to wear their gowns etc and we have to get to the air conditioned building first

Today I am going to try and rig up something to give the children a bit more shade tomorrow, I do have a covered area so we can play out in all weathers which was mainly designed to keep us dry from the rain

Keep cool and safe everyone
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Pixie.
    Luckily the examiner has agreed to move their exam to first thing in the morning, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Safe travelling and enjoy the graduation. How did all our children get so old?!

I've got a UV gazebo set up, but I think we'll just be inside! I'm going to bring the water tray in and add ice to it. My playroom is usually pretty cool. I've just brought my guinea pigs in for the next few days to live in playroom. They don't seem impressed to be back in their indoor cage, rather than their spacious hutch, but tough!

13. Likes Pixie dust liked this post