Weekly chat 4th July
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly chat 4th July

Can you believe we’re in July already? When do your schools break up for the holidays? Ours have got 3 weeks left.
    I don’t normally have school aged children, so the holidays aren’t that different for me, but this year I’m having one of my ex-mindees back a couple of days a week. I had her one day during the last half term holiday and she slotted straight back in, which was lovely.

What did everyone get up to over the weekend? I had a really relaxed weekend, which made a change! I watched some of Wimbledon and the F1 and sorted my craft cupboard. I can now open it without everything falling out

What are your plans for the week ahead? We’re pretty much free-playing with 2 library sessions and a visit to another childminder thrown in.

2. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

I have not planned much for this week ... visiting a toddler group and catching up with a fellow childminder, then a library visit. My biggest little one wants to go to the beach, but the weather isn't looking promising on her day! I don't mind going to beach in the cold, but I draw the line at Rain!
    I have a prospective parent visiting one morning, but I've said I have to go out mid morning as sometimes I find parents can be here all day! I'm not very good at getting them to leave!

We've got 3 more weeks till end of term too. My holidays are going to be pretty relaxed with a fair few of my children only doing term time and one of my most lovely mums said to swap her children to a different day ( of have had only them in one day ) so that I get an extra day off! Typically, I've now been asked if I can have my holiday only children a couple of those days, but I've said no, sorry! Think I'm going to have one day with mainly big children and another with mainly small and then one day with possibly just a baby!

Can't think what I did this weekend! Nothing much! Well done on sorting your craft cupboard Mouse!

Have a good week all xxx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OK ... so its been on the news about increasing ratios ... obviously nurseries, not us, although I keep hearing 'childminder' on the news.

BUT email from early years alliance ... says it will change childminder rules to say that we will be allowed to go over the 3 for a) caring for a current child's sibling ( not just as a baby ) and b) caring for the childminders own child ( not just a baby ) ... but what about continuity of care? I have 4 children 3 days a week as parents needed to change days for work reasons!

As a follow on/edit ... I've now seen/ read the consultation and filled out the form to give my views, and we'll still be able to increase numbers for continuity of care. Phew!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 04-07-2022 at 12:23 PM.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone!

I need to catch up with the news today re the childcare announcements as I have seen snippets about it.

Our schools have 3 weeks left too, this week they are doing their transitions so I have a couple going for visits.

My holidays seem to be all or nothing, I have a few that are term time only but parents are already saying they will be booking the children in so the parents can have a break I am looking forward to my week off in August, we have a cottage booked in Hampshire.

I haven't really planned much this week, I have just refilled the sand tray up which seems to have kept everyone busy!

Have a good week!
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours have 3 weeks left but preschools end next week. The thing that annoys me about this change in numbers that they are expecting fees to reduce because we can have more children!

8. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    The thing that annoys me about this change in numbers that they are expecting fees to reduce because we can have more children!
    Who in their right mind thinks we’d do more work for less money
    I’d welcome a change in ratios but I certainly wouldn’t reduce my fees if I had more children.

10. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How’s everyone’s week going?

Tuesday is my ‘tricky’ day with one child who winds everyone up and one who is a little heavy handed, to put it nicely! Within half an hour of arriving he’d broken a magnifying glass and ripped a book. He doesn’t do it deliberately, but he manages to break something every time he’s here. We spend as much time as possible in the garden, but even there he causes chaos

12. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    How’s everyone’s week going?

Tuesday is my ‘tricky’ day with one child who winds everyone up and one who is a little heavy handed, to put it nicely! Within half an hour of arriving he’d broken a magnifying glass and ripped a book. He doesn’t do it deliberately, but he manages to break something every time he’s here. We spend as much time as possible in the garden, but even there he causes chaos

Oh Mouse ... I have one of those ... things get thrown on the floor and walked on /broken because they just don't notice! They are big for their age too, and that makes them less agile! Lovely though ( luckily! )

Week going well. Except I keep getting current parents asking if I have an extra day .... then when I say I can wiggle them in " oh I don't need that day now" can you do X?

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

That is so annoying about extra days then changing their minds and want a different day isn’t it Loocyloo? I’m having that lately.

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post