Weekly chat 27th June
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly chat 27th June

I can't believe how cold it is this week. Last week was wonderful with all the sunny weather. This week we're back to wearing jumpers and dodging the rain! I hope that's not summer over and done with

What's everyone up to this week? The last few months we seem to have always had a focus for activities - Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Jubilee etc. It's quite nice not having anything specific to be celebrating. Unless I'm missing something very obvious! We're looking at Summer, in general. Butterflies, Bees, the beach, holidays.

Other than that we're just on the countdown to the end of term. This year I haven't got any children leaving for school, which is unusual, but I have got 2 going to nursery. One will finish with me completely but I'm not sure about the other. I don't think his mum realises that nursery is term time only so I suspect I may well have him back during some of the holidays.

Enjoy your week everyone!

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is definitely cooler this week!

I've been doing 30 days wild; but I'm looking forward to just 'being' and doing whatever takes our fancy!

I've got one off to nursery, but staying with me for wraparound and holidays. A schoolie is leaving as mum has changed jobs. That will be odd, as I've had this child, only one day a week, but since he was 11ths old.... He is now 9!

Has anyone got any 'fail safe' meals? My schoolies seem to all be, not fussy per se, but quite particular in what they eat and we seem to have evolved into having plain pasta with cheese/tomato/pesto or bolognaise (chose own topping!) Sausages, chicken curry mild, baked potato and toppings, I've introduced quiche and randomly that has gone down well... they like noodles but not stir-fry, cous cous sometimes gets eaten, if served with salmon, pizza, oh and macaroni cheese! I am SO bored! I can't even remember what I used to cook! Actually. I had left over Lasagne for their tea tonight, and they all ate it happily; but my very fussy schoolie wasn't here! ... she'd have eaten peas and that's it! I try not to pander to the fussiness, but equally, she needs to eat something, and I'm not going down the 'have toast' route! ( because that's what she loves best!)

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I need to get back in to working mode, unfortunately Covid finally caught up with me so I have had a few days off!

I don't cook evening meals for the children as we have a cooked lunch then it's just a light meal at tea time. I swapped it round a few years back now and its a lot easier having sandwiches/crumpets etc most of my schoolies have a hot school dinner anyway.

Anyone watching Wimbledon?
    Pixie Dust

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning! We got soaked on Monday and it’s drizzly this morning here in Kent and very overcast. We have been doing sports day activities, Especially the preschoolers so it’s their first one. They have also had there school visits the last two weeks so we have been talking about new teachers, new friends etc.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It started off quite nice here this morning, but it's turned over cast and cold now. I was hoping for a sunny day with no rain, but I don't think I'm going to get my wish!

Last week and this week 2 of my mindees have been off on holiday. It's meant I've only had 2 children here some days. I thought it would make a change to have some quieter days, but it's been awful. All they have done every day is argue and fight over toys, who's going to sit on which chair, who's first out the door etc etc. I'm looking forward to having the others back next week and getting back to normal. Who'd have thought more children were actually easier

Pixie Dust, so sorry to hear Covid got you. I hope you weren't too ill with it.

I don't normally watch much of the tennis, but I did watch the Serena Williams match last night. It was very exciting.