Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default This week's chat . Monday 16th May

Hello!

It's Monday again! These weeks keep coming round fast!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Did anyone else watch Eurovision?! I love it! I thought our song was great, but I loved the typically Eurovision craziness of the Norwegian entry 'give the wolf a banana' and the Moldovan folk tune.

I think we're going to be on crown making for the jubilee this week, and I've been asked if we'd like to put a display in a flower festival! ... I can't arrange flowers to save my life! I'm going to ask my schoolies about it, but I wondered about putting some moss in a tray and then flowers ( in pots ) and our happyland Queen and some bunting for a 'garden party'! The children can make the bunting and decorate the plant pots! Does anyone have any other ideas!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good evening!

I had a lovely weekend in York. I spent too much and ate too much, but it was worth it We did watch Eurovision in the hotel on Saturday. It’s years since I’ve watched it and I did enjoy it. I also liked the wolf/banana entry and a few others that didn’t come anywhere at all. I’m obviously a rubbish judge of what makes a good Eurovision song!

How lovely to have been asked to do a display for the flower festival. I think the Happyland garden party would be a fab idea. I’m sure it would appeal to children going to see the displays.

This week we’re doing jubilee messy play. Basically lots of red, white and blue things, with maybe a bit of purple thrown in. Next week we’re making crowns and cupcakes ready for our party. Then that’ll probably be about it.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So pleased you had a good weekend in York. The weather was just glorious on the Saturday.

Enjoy your messy play! X

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening!

I like the sound of your flower festival display Loocyloo.

Mouse York is such a beautiful city!

I watched Eurovision, I do love the craziness of it all The weekend went by so quickly again, we went to the cinema Sunday, it was so quiet which was nice for us but not good for the small independent buisness.

DH found our bunting out today, is I have that ready to put up a bit closer to the jubilee. I have some sensory play planned this week with crown making next week. The weather has been lovely here today so we have been out in the garden most of the day.

Have a good week everyone !
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a busy week this week. Usually have Thursday and Friday off but as DD1 is away on a hen weekend I’m on school/ preschool runs and swimming lessons both days. Also eldest grandson has a disco on Friday after school. So this afternoon, struggles to change the bed with a sore shoulder and boiling hot weather, I was feeling very sorry for myself. Then my friend phoned to say she had won a competition… 2 tickets to Chelsea flower show and wants me to go with her. That just made my day. So looking forward to a day out with my friend

8. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What a lovely friend Sylvia.

Hope your shoulder gets better and you have a good time with your grandchildren.

We're off to the woods, but after a big storm last night, I'm expecting it to be a touch damp!

10. Likes SYLVIA liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Here we are it's Thursday evening again......we had a very rainy morning but brightened up this afternoon. We didn't do any of the things I had planned for this week as the children were interested in other things. We have our caterpillars arriving next week so we will be doing some things around that.

Nearly the weekend ....I just have the morning to work tomorrow
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My last child was collected half an hour early this afternoon so my weekend started at 4.30! We'd been playing in the garden all afternoon so everything had already been packed away indoors. It was lovely shutting the door at 4.30 and coming back into a tidy room

Tomorrow I'm going to have a lazy start to the day, then head out for lunch and shopping with my daughter. I do enjoy my 4 day weeks

13. Likes Pixie dust liked this post