Weekly Chat 9th May
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly Chat 9th May

We're currently back out in the garden enjoying the sunshine. We've had a real mix of sunshine and showers today. When the sun's been out it's been lovely, but several times it's clouded over, got very windy and the rain has started. It's been a mad dash to cover the sand table and run indoors until the sun comes out again. At least it's meant our new plants are getting a good watering and plenty of sun!

While we've been indoors we've been painting some jubilee bunting - basically sheets of red & blue paper that I can cut into triangles to make bunting! The children have enjoyed that much more than me trying to share information with them about the queen

Who's going to be doing a Jubilee lunch (or afternoon tea)? What food are you going to be doing? So far I've thought of jam or egg sandwiches, sausage rolls and cake of some sort. Not very exciting, but then I've got a cohort of very fussy eaters at the moment so it can't be anything too adventurous.

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Half way through the week already ! We have a mixed bag of weather too, the rain always makes an appearance when it's time to go on the school run.

We are having a little tea party, it will be sandwiches/sausage rolls.....haven't thought too much about what will be in the sandwiches maybe cucumber/cheese/ham, then scones and jam.
    Pixie Dust

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No work today so decluttering the shed. I have 2 car seats that are going to end up in the tip, just seems such a waste but I can’t get rid of them. I’m going to do a little tea party for the children and make flags and some bunting to decorate. I have a large green outside my house and all the neighbours are going to have a big tea party to celebrate. On VE Day in the pandemic we all sat on our driveway and talked to each other by walking to each others houses. At least we made the effort

5. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our little road had a lovely picnic on the VE Day celebrations Sylvia....everyone sat out in their gardens until quite late evening. It was a great community occasion in what was a difficult time.

We have had a lovely sunny day so have spent the morning outside, the older ones are doing some craft now while the little one sleeps.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OK! Own up, hands up!
    Who stole this week!?!

One minute it was Tuesday and I was just starting work and then it was Friday and I'd just waved my last child off!

We've had a busy week, most of it spent outside, but it's been rather blowy! Usually the children and I do a mass tidy up inside and out after tea, but today, tea was delayed by a babies nappy explosion and then all the parents arrived early! Not complaining, but it's boring tidying up on my own!

Have a good weekend everyone. DDs panto opens tonight ( dancer ) having been postponed since January... so the next 10 days will be a whirlwind of busyness and an increasingly tired DD!