Weekly chat 2nd May
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly chat 2nd May

Happy Bank Holiday everyone. Is anyone working today or have we all got the day off?

I reminded all my parents last week that I’d be closed today. One of them said I must love all these bank holidays (this one coming so soon after Easter), until I pointed out that I don’t charge for any time I’m closed, so that’s another day with no fees! But yes, I told her I did enjoy the days off

What’s everyone been up to this weekend? DH has been away so I’ve taken the opportunity to have a good sort out. He’ll be back this evening and I’ve got plenty of bags ready for him to take to the tip or the charity shop tomorrow. He’ll be thrilled It’s actually quite nice having the house to myself for a change and having a quiet day off.

2. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good morning!

After a busy 2 days with DD dancing here, there and everywhere, I was planning on spending today catching up on all my paper admin and getting ahead ( HAHAHA ) with stuff for the next few months whilst she spent the day sleeping ....

DH was meant to be away ALL weekend ... but the weather turned, so he arrived home yesterday afternoon !!! I'm still going to do all my admin, but now he's here and is distracting me! I MUST BE STRONG ( AND STOP LOOKING ON THE INTERNET! .. I was looking up some pictures to print out, but got sidetracked whilst waiting for them to print !!! )

Have fun everyone xx

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

No not working today . Cleaning , gardening etc.

I don’t charge for bank holidays,
    one of the parents said to me Thursday “ another bank holiday, you get another day off!” Nearly said I’ll have your child if you like but I’ll charge double!. They are self employed so wouldn’t be working either.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh meant to say Loocyloo how’s the tadpoles doing didn’t all die did they?

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't work Bank holidays and I don't charge but I have a friend who charges and doesn't work them either, her theory is parents get paid and they don't work them.

I spent the money cleaning and getting ready for the week then this afternoon I popped over to the local garden centre with my parents, they have a nice little cafe there so we enjoyed coffee and cake. Since when my dad was ill a couple of years ago he hasn't been able to drive so they rely on us to take them out.

Anyone got any exciting plans this week? Hope you got some of your admin done loocyloo.

I went to the bookshop yesterday and managed to get a copy of The Queen's Hat, I asked them about any jubilee picture books coming out and they weren't aware of any.

Just to add incase anyone doesn't know but Baker ross have some free Jubilee colouring pictures to print off, I have printed some out for my older ones.
    Last edited by Pixie dust; 02-05-2022 at 04:27 PM.
    Pixie Dust

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I don't work Bank holidays and I don't charge but I have a friend who charges and doesn't work them either, her theory is parents get paid and they don't work them.

I spent the money cleaning and getting ready for the week then this afternoon I popped over to the local garden centre with my parents, they have a nice little cafe there so we enjoyed coffee and cake. Since when my dad was ill a couple of years ago he hasn't been able to drive so they rely on us to take them out.

Anyone got any exciting plans this week? Hope you got some of your admin done loocyloo.

I went to the bookshop yesterday and managed to get a copy of The Queen's Hat, I asked them about any jubilee picture books coming out and they weren't aware of any.

Just to add incase anyone doesn't know but Baker ross have some free Jubilee colouring pictures to print off, I have printed some out for my older ones.
    Here's a jubilee book, looks lovely: Our Queen Elizabeth: Her Extraordinary Life from the Crown to the Corgis : Williams, Kate, Shoesmith, Helen: Amazon.co.uk: Books

11. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

and all Primary School children will receive a book too, google this (website link was blocked): Primary school children to receive free keepsake book to mark Queen's Platinum Jubilee

13. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh Dragonfly ... all the tadpoles died. I had 3 that kept going for a week longer and were getting really big, but one morning they were just curled up and dead. It was sad. School have got tadpoles too, and theirs are not doing very well either!

I thought caterpillars were stressful ... easier than tadpoles! A friend suggested ladybirds, but i might just stick to my guinea pigs !!!!

I got most of my admin done! Just a bit of filing left to do! I even got ahead of myself with some paperwork!

I don't work Mondays so i never work a bank holiday monday! the only other time it could affect me is Good Friday, or whenever Christmas falls. But i don't charge and i don't work them! a fair few of my parents are self employed and therefore don't work/or get paid on bank holidays, and quite a lot of others could work 7 days a week regardless, so if I charged, they would expect me to have the children!

Enjoy the Queens Hat! I love it! I was looking for a Jigsaw puzzle with the queen on, or a crown or a royal guard or anything vaguely related for the children, and there was nothing I could find. I ended up printing off pictures, laminating and cutting them up to make my own puzzles. I've seen the jubilee pictures on Baker Ross, they are great. I've dyed some chick peas red/blue/white & gold with acrylic paint and have got an assortment of pots and trays for them to be sorted into, with tweezers ( or fingers! ) Guaranteed though, that one ( school ) child will just tip them altogether and say they have porridge!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 02-05-2022 at 07:30 PM.

15. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The bank holiday has thrown me a bit - I've spent all day today thinking it was Monday

Tuesday is my least favourite day of the week. It just always seems so loud and chaotic. Today was no exception!
    We did get started on some jubilee crafts and had a look at the new books I'd bought. Typically one of the children managed to rip one within a few minutes of getting them out, so it's now stuck together with sellotape
    Does anyone have any queen/royal family songs they're singing? I've thought of the Grand Old Duke of York and the Queen of Hearts, but I'm struggling to come up with any more.

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't think of any other songs either Mouse!

There is 'pussycat pussycat where have you been?'

19. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the weekend. I hope everyone had a good week.

Our jubilee/royal family activities stalled a bit as the children really weren’t at all interested in learning about the queen! I think my expectations were a bit high on what information I could share with them, so I need to have a rethink and focus the activities on the experiences rather than facts! They love the crafts so I need to let them just get on with those rather than giving them a history lesson first! Having said that, the 3 year olds can tell you that the queen’s favourite dogs are Corgis, so they have picked up something

What’s everyone got planned for the weekend? My eldest son arrived back in the UK yesterday and is stopping with us for a couple of weeks. We’re going to go out for lunch today and catch up on his news. I just need to get his suitcase full of washing sorted first

Enjoy your weekend

21. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

I've found it very hard to get the children motivated in the Royal Family! I think craft is the way to go. ... lots of crowns and flags! They do quite like the Queens Guards. I think I'm going to try and find some YouTube videos of changing of the guard. It's very hard when they really have no experience of anything we're talking about, and it's not really anything I can do anything about.

Oh ... we made up a song 'The Queen is in the Palace, The Queen is in the Palace, Hip Hip Hip Hooray ,The Queen is in the Palace, ' to the tune of the farmers in his den! Simple and easy enough for the children to remember! I'm thinking of maybe making a paper Palace and having a picture of the Queen they can put inside!

Have a lovely couple of weeks with your son Mouse.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of the children are just too young to understand about the jubilee.

Sorry to hear that your tadpoles died Loocyloo,Yes maybe stick to the guinea pigs ha,ha.

24. Likes loocyloo liked this post