Weekly chat 25th April
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly chat 25th April

It’s my first day back today after a week off. It was a lovely break and we crammed a lot of things in. I had a lot of work related jobs planned , none of which I did, so I’m starting the week with a long to-do list

Today is going to be a free-play/get back into routine day. The weather is still nice so we’ll get outside once everyone is here. One of the children has been potty training over the holidays so we’ll see how that’s going - being in th e garden seems the safest option!

What’s everyone got planned for this half term? We’re going to be starting on the Queen’s Jubilee as a topic. I’ve only got a couple of things planned so far, so feel free to share any ideas!

Have good days everyone

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

I too, had a long list of work jobs to do, very few of which I actually did! I'm aiming to work few some of them today!

Back to work for me tomorrow.

Planned a lazy week of being out and about in the woods etc. I do find the children play better when we are out and they can't just come inside and play trains! Having been off for a week myself, and some being termtime only, I suspect a fair few will have forgotten how to play/occupy themselves without having loads of toys around!

I've got a couple of lovely books for the jubilee.. ' the queen's hat ' ... it blows away, and you follow it all over London. And then a book called Busy London.. by Campbell books. They do a whole selection about London. I find it hard in a way to talk about London to the children and wish I could take them for a visit! I grew up visiting London alot, and even now, get down when I can, but I don't think any of my minded children have been. I think we'll make crowns at some point and I'm hoping to have a little teaparty with a fellow childminder or 2. We might have a go at painting flags. I was looking at jubilee crafts online... lots of 'make a carriage' 'make toilet roll queen/guard etc' 'make a castle' but nothing really jumped out at me. Oh, and I've got a wooden peg queen and 2 guards plus a sentry box that my cousin sent me! For a bit of small world play. I saw Happyland have a jubilee set available.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I find children play better outside ( and learn as much) toys played with inside, the play time is so short lived Children aren’t bored enough to use their imagination if you get what I mean.Too much on offer.

I must be more organised re queens jubilee, you sound very organised Loocyloo well done.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had a mixed bag of weather today, its was quite cold and cloudy this morning but brightened up later in the day.

I always start my week with with a lovely 'to do' list....I actually like having lists as I get great joy from ticking them off when done, having said that the list normally gets longer as the week goes on.

We are ogg to the library later in the week and meeting up with a childminder friend. We are planting some more seeds this week, carrots and peas. Our sunflowers are not doing very well, some haven't even made to through the soil yet!

We are big Happyland fans here, I need to find my Queen figure out as she seems to have disappeared. I think its from a royal wedding or some other celebration as I have Prince Phillip one to go with it. We are going to make some cards and send to The Queen, we did it once before and we had a thank you letter back from Buckingham Palace which was very exciting! We are also planning a teaparty and we will be be putting lots of bunting outside as our village are having a big celebration and has asked fro everyone to decorate their houses. I like the sound of the book 'The Queen's hat' I may have to get that.
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So far I've got Busy London, Busy Royal Family and Where's Mrs Queen. I'll have a look at the Queen's Hat.

I've also got lots of Royal Family Happyland - some wedding ones, baby ones and maybe another Jubilee. I need to find them all.

8. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FRIDAY EVENING !!!!

HOW did it get to friday night ? !!!! I'm sure it should still be about thursday morning at the latest!

Hope everyone has had a good week. Mine's been busy with 2 babies today .. one was more or less fine and the other was real grump all day ... got some HUGE back teeth coming through and just didn't know what to do with themselves!

Is anyone doing anything exciting this weekend? I'm basically playing taxi and chaperoning for DDs dancing all weekend but nothing planned for monday! HURRAH!

10. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Mowing the lawns , baking , tidying cupboards ☹️

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Mowing the lawns , baking , tidying cupboards ☹️
    There must be something in the air - I've been sorting cupboards today! I dug right to the back of the tin cupboard and the oldest tin/packet I found was best before 2018

I've also caught up on Great British Sewing Bee this afternoon. Did anyone else watch it? I do like it.

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    There must be something in the air - I've been sorting cupboards today! I dug right to the back of the tin cupboard and the oldest tin/packet I found was best before 2018

I've also caught up on Great British Sewing Bee this afternoon. Did anyone else watch it? I do like it.
    ooooooooo ... sewing bee? when? where? i must have missed it!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a lovely afternoon catching up with friends, we sat outside at a local cafe overlooking the beach, drinking coffee and having a good ole catch up! No other real plans for the rest of the Bank holiday weekend. Hope you all get some time to relax.
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    ooooooooo ... sewing bee? when? where? i must have missed it!
    Wednesday nights, BBC1, 9 o'clock

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Wednesday nights, BBC1, 9 o'clock
    Thank you.

I've just watched it on iplayer. What a mainly fab lot of sewers! Looking forward to see what else they come up with.

19. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Thank you.

I've just watched it on iplayer. What a mainly fab lot of sewers! Looking forward to see what else they come up with.
    The standard is definitely very high. Some of those dresses they made were so good.

21. Likes loocyloo liked this post