What’s everyone been up to?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What’s everyone been up to?

I had this week off and had planned to stay at home, get some sorting done and generally just relax. But instead DH and I decided to go away for a few days, so booked somewhere last minute and off we went. It was actually really nice to get away and the weather was lovely. It’s grotty today so we definitely caught the best of it.

What’s everyone been up to? I hope you’ve all had good weeks.

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had the week off too, and planned to do loads of jobs/admin/paperwork etc ... but the weather has been so nice, that I keep finding myself sitting outside in the sun with my book!

Back to normal chaos this weekend of being DDs dance taxi! I need to get my head around some planning and thoughts for next term for work. Got (another) new baby starting! Just one day a week (that was all I could do!) But parents seem really laid back and so does babe so fingers crossed it all works out!

What I do need to do, is work out how to get double buggy in car when all 7 seats are in use! The boot in my Carenz is bigger than the Touran, but not much (even though the car looks smaller!) Can anyone recommend a double that folds up really small?! The last time I needed to take the double out was when DD was still coming out with me and I used to put double 'squashing' her! Can't really do that with minded children, but in the holidays I'll have 4 schoolies and 2 littlies, and it will probably be a good 6/8 mths before I can go back to a single!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

triple post! sorry!

Kept getting messages saying 'couldn't post' or similar .... but obviously WAS posting !!!!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 22-04-2022 at 11:07 AM.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

triple post sorry!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 22-04-2022 at 11:06 AM.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Triple post! Sorry!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Don’t think there is really small doubles now. Years ago I had a double mcclaren umbrella folding style don’t think they make them anymore? They took up a lot less room then a three wheeler.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you both had a lovely week off. The week has flown by here, the children were back to school this week so we have been back in our normal routine. We have spent a lot of time out in the garden , the children always seem better behaviour wise outside. I have two that having sharing/waiting for their turn difficulties but outside we never have any problems.

I have a 7 seater but wouldn't be able to get a double in the boot with all the seats up. To be fair very rarely use all the seats at the moment and have been thinking about down sizing but space wise it's quite handy when we go away fitting all our belongings in plus the dog ! It's amazing how much stuff we have to take with us for the dog

Enjoy the weekend!
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Don’t think there is really small doubles now. Years ago I had a double mcclaren umbrella folding style don’t think they make them anymore? They took up a lot less room then a three wheeler.
    Mine is a 17 yr old ( how scary is that! ) Mcclaren double! They still make them, but they are expensive now! I'm going to try taking off everything I can ( hood, baskets etc ) and see if I can get it less bulky!

Pixie, I only use all 7 seats one day in the holidays, and very occasionally after school. We talked about a smaller car, but DH uses it for towing a big trailer, so apparently we need something big & heavy !!!

well ... I thought I was going to have a lazy day ( another one ) but no, I'm going into local city to take DD shopping, and then hang around for a couple of hours whilst she meets her friends for lunch! I think I'll find a nice outdoor cafe by the river and have a people watching lunch!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

had a lovely day out with DD2 at the Lost gardens of Sevenoaks. So many beautiful rhododendrons to see. Spending today setting up the fairy gardens that I put away for the winter and getting the garden ready for the children to be out there.

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Woohoo! Success! If I take hood and seat covers off the double, it fits in my boot!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo What are the middle seats like in your car? The middle seat in our current car is not really a full seat so on the rare occasion I use all the seats I have to put an older school child there and am keeping an eye out for a car that has three full seats on the middle row.
    Pixie Dust

16. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done for fitting your pushchair in.

Does anyone use a bumboo seat? pro’s and cons please. Been lent one but doesn’t have a strap, weren’t they recalled at one time or am I confused with something else?

18. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Loocyloo What are the middle seats like in your car? The middle seat in our current car is not really a full seat so on the rare occasion I use all the seats I have to put an older school child there and am keeping an eye out for a car that has three full seats on the middle row.
    I have a kia carenz and I can get 3 5point harness/backed booster type seats across the back. When we're looking at 'new' cars for me, the first thing even DH looks at is the back seat to make sure you can get 3 across. That said, my car seats are not particularly wide ones. I used to have a vw touran, and that fitted 3 across the back seat too.

20. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Well done for fitting your pushchair in.

Does anyone use a bumboo seat? pro’s and cons please. Been lent one but doesn’t have a strap, weren’t they recalled at one time or am I confused with something else?
    I used to use a bumbo for my own children. It didn't have a strap or tray and was good at helping them to sit up, but the moment they could arch their back, they could tip out! Once they were older and could sit, they were a useful 'seat' but not much you could do with it. My friend had one and a young visitor to her house thought it was a potty!

22. Likes Dragonfly liked this post