Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly chat 11th April

Hello everyone!

I take it everyone's on school holiday now? Does that mean you'll have a busier week? I don't have any school children and some of my little ones are term time only so it's actually quieter for me.

Today we've had a lovely day. We went for a walk to the shop this morning and bought ingredients to make cornflake nests, which we made before lunch. This afternoon we were in the garden as the sun came out and it was really quite warm - at least until the rain started!

What's everyone got planned for the week? We're off to the children's centre tomorrow for an Easter activity session, then we're going to the library on Thursday for another session. Other than that we'll be doing a few Easter crafts and having lots of free play - hopefully mainly outside if the sun shines.

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Evening all!

Yes, on school holidays now. Mine is an odd mix. It's generally quieter as I have a fair few term time only, but I also have a couple of holiday only children! ( but I've had them both since babies, so they fit straight back in ! )

I had planned to be out for a walk /picnic tomorrow, but the weather is looking 'interesting"!!! So who knows! Outings also planned for the rest of the week, and lots of Easter crafts!

I am looking forward to my week off after Easter ... no plans, apart from being DDs taxi.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, busier had 6 yesterday, 4 school children which I don’t usually do. It was busy to say the least luckily the weather was on our side and hoping it is for the rest of the week.

Does anyone find children flit from one thing to another? Don’t play with one thing for long at all. It’s like colouring got to do as quickly as possible 🤷🏻*♀️Then what else can I do 🤦*♀️

At the weekend I made pin art boards and blew duck eggs and filled with plaster of Paris to make more robust for children handling them to decorate. Does anyone else spend there non childminding hours doing / preparing craft ideas?

Had to catch up on my accounts also.

Today I have a fossil dig set up, Lego kits, usual art and craft, card making and general find yourself something to play with in the playroom!!!!

We will go on a bug hunt to the fields at some point also.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

Totally Dragonfly! I find the older children are dreadful for this. I'm sure it's something to do with school, and then once they've finished in 3 seconds, they are asking what to do next! They seem to lose all ability to think for themselves! I've got a little one, who is great during termtime, but the minute his older sibling is here, turns into a sheep and just follows sibling everywhere and forgets how to think for them self! Drives me Crackers!

I've taken to saying ... craft activities on offer today are xyz and once completed, it's just drawing/free play! So up to you if you want to rush them or take your time!

Me too Dragonfly... I spend my spare time creating craft activities etc ... but I do enjoy it and don't really think of it as work!

Have a good day xxx

6. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning!

It's the second week of the holidays here, I had a lovely week off last week which went far to quickly.

Yesterday we spent most of the day out in the garden as the children seem to play better outside. I had 3 older ones and 3 little ones yesterday then today its just 2 older ones and 3 younger ones, as the week progresses there are less children each day
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the second week of our holidays here. It's quieter with only one EYFS children and my two (9 and 11). It's nice because my kids like to play with the little one so they've been playing dens together. It's exhausting though as I'm trying to balance the needs of the LO and mine - although a lot easier than when I started childminding and mine we were 2 and 4!

I spend less time setting up or creating craft things these days. I find it takes me longer to set up than they will play with them! We also made chocolate nests (with rice krispies) and I have some spring playdough - purchased from Little Muchkins, as I'm rubbish at making playdough!!