Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default weekly chat Monday 4th April

Good evening!

I know it is Tuesday the 5th today, but I finally had a moment to actually post on the forum and noticed no chat for this week!

Hope everyone is keeping well and busy.

I had 3 delights today ... we jointly decided to go for a walk in local forestry commission woods to look for the gruffalo ... at least ... that's what I THOUGHT we decided ... apparently, what they thought we were doing was a 100 mile hike, up hill and down dale, through mud, wind, rain and snow, without a single momentary stop !!! if I asked a question or was excited to find the gruffalo, they looked at me as if i had grown 3 heads and was speaking in a foreign language! Then we went to the park, and they all stood there just looking! ... we came home, instead of lunch out and they all went to bed! ... upon collection it turns out that all 3 had been up several times in the night and one has just cut a last tooth and was in 'agony' all day yesterday. SO WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME? !!!!

Roll on tomorrow !

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Despite carefully changing tadpole water every few days/putting food in for them ... 99% of them have died

I thought caterpillars were stressful! Tadpoles are much worse!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Think you went on a bear hunt rather than a gruffalo hunt .

Oh they very rarely tell you until they collect! ( some do some don’t)

Oh dear that’s not good about your tadpoles, mine are luckily okay I’ll look but yesterday they were fine.

Fish flakes and cucumber haven’t changed water for a while as doesn’t look too bad.

Can’t wait for someone to give me privet caterpillars or elephant hawk ones, bit too early yet but we have the cocoons for now.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Friday everyone!

I’ve been awake since the crack of dawn - typical when it’s my day off and I could have had a lie in!

It’s been a busy week, hence my absence. One of my sons is moving house this weekend so I’ve spent most evenings after work helping him clean and sort. Then yesterday I was cat sitting my daughter’s kitten while she had some work done at her house. She dropped him off here after lunch, much to the children’s delight! He loved the attention - chased round for an hour then crashed out asleep

This morning I need to wait in for a parcel to be delivered so I’ll catch up on some paperwork while I’m waiting. Once it’s been delivered I’m going to town to meet a friend for a coffee and a natter. I found a gift voucher left over from Christmas so I might treat myself to something nice while I’m out!

Have good days everyone

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post