Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly chat 21st March

How was everyone's weekend?

We had lovely weather so I spent a lot of the weekend in the garden, sorting it out for spring. I love when everything is light and bright rather than damp & dark!

It's a shame it wasn't quite as nice out today, but the children enjoyed being out there and didn't want to come in. DD and I raided the charity shops on Saturday and got lots of bits for them to play with outside. Some of the things were too nice for outdoor play though, so we'll keep those for indoors

What's everyone got planned for the week? We've started on Mother's Day crafts today. The children are painting plant pots, then I've bought some plants to put in them. They'll also make cards with the flower stickers I bought. Other than that, free play, visits to the library & toddler group and lots of time outside.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

Busy weekend with DD dancing, and me chaperoning all weekend!

Lots of plans to be out and about this week, catching up with friends.

I'm aiming to get some mothers day cards made ... am thinking maybe giving them a heart template or cut out to fingerprint on a card, or i saw a cute card of a hand print saying 'who has the best mummy in the world? I do.' ... so might do that with the littler ones.

my tadpoles were all hatching yesterday ... eeek ... but today, they don't look very 'alive' ... ... guess i'll have to watch and see!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo, I really did used to enjoy being involved in DD's dance, but it does tend to take over your life, doesn't it?

We've had a glorious day in the garden. It was lovely and sunny and that was reflected in the children's moods. They were all on good form!

PixieDust, are you watching Holby? Last but one episode tonight. I still can't quite see how it's going to end next week but I hope it's a happy ending of sorts.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Half way through the week already.

We have been having a lovely time in the garden, we have been planting seeds and generally having fun. The little ones are just getting that little bit older now so they have started to play more now which is lovely. The ones that sleep all nap after lunch now where before some were having two sleeps a day. We have seemed to have settled in to a lovely routine, I think we will be able to start going out and about a bit more too.

Mouse yes I did watch Holby last night and I feel that next week's will be quite emotional and not necessarily a happy ending.
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Finishing mother’s day cards today.going to be nice again weather wise so will be outside a lot making the most of it.

Yesterday my mindees and I visited someone we know with horses/ ponies they were able to brush / groom a pony. Excellent experience for them.

9. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We finished off the last of the Mother’s Day crafts this morning and we’ve been in the garden since then.

The children are now having a picnic lunch outside then we’ll have story time in the garden before going inside for the little ones to have a sleep.

This evening DH and I are off out for tea. I’m hoping it stays warm enough for us to sit out by river to eat

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Picnic lunches in the garden are nice and also saves on the mess they make on the floor!

Have a nice meal by the river mouse.

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My new baby is here and generally doing very well. Baby doesn't really have a routine, which is OK at 6 mths, but I shall be looking to pick one out in the next few weeks!

We've just played in the garden all day. Bliss xx

15. Likes Dragonfly liked this post