Weekly chat 14th March
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly chat 14th March

What lovely weather we've had today. It was so sunny and, while I wouldn't call it warm, it certainly wasn't cold.

This morning one of the mums told me that the 1 year old had taken his first 2 steps yesterday. I had to wait until almost lunchtime to see it for myself, but by home time he was confidently doing 6 steps. I expect him to come running in tomorrow

What's everyone got planned for the week? We're off to the library tomorrow, but haven't got any other firm plans. If the weather stays nice we'll spend as much time as we can in the garden. It's going to be a "go with the flow" kind of week.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good evening!

Day off today, and I got 2 loads of washing dried on the line!

Other than that I sorted dance costumes out, tidied up after the plumber had been to sort out a leak, did jobs in town and then sat in conservatory and read my book!

I'm still planning on a bit of seed planting this week, and think we'll have a few days at home and try and get the garden in some form of order! St Patrick's day on Thursday... not sure what we'll do for that .. maybe some green painting! And then red nose day on Friday!

Have fun everyone xx

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

We had lovely weather yesterday. My patio is a sun trap so I sat out with my 9 month old on a blanket in the sun. He's not really crawling yet so it was nice to just sit and play with some bits with him. I still only have one child on a Monday and Tuesday so everything is a focus on them on those days.

We went on the bus to the library and park today. Tomorrow the weather is not looking great, so maybe I'll try some kind of mothers day card craft.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Tuesday !

The weather hasn't been quite so warm here today but we have been out in the garden, the children are really into playing with the sand but I have one that just wants to transport it everywhere. Yesterday morning we went to the local garden centre and bought some potatoes to plant and some sunflower seeds, we will probably grow some tomatoes and peas as they are always a favourite. I love courgettes Loocyloo but never have much success growing them so you will have to let us know how you get on.

I think we may go to the library Thursday as I have one of the children asked if we can go on their day next time so out of the days they do a Thursday is probably the easiest combination of children to get in/out the car etc.
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had nice weather again today, though I've just caught a weather forecast on TV and we're due rain tomorrow. I'm glad we've made the most of the last 2 days in the garden.

Today one of the mums told me her child will be starting nursery after Easter. I gave a silent whoop and mentally worked out how many weeks were left till then I feel bad for being happy, but this is the child who changes the whole dynamic of the group and they really are ready to move on to a bigger setting. All day today my mind has been wandering, thinking about the things I'll be able to do with the children once this one's no longer coming.

9. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning all.

I'm going to be asleep on my feet by mid-morning, as got up at silly o'clock to see DD off on a college trip!

I'm hoping the forecast rain holds off as forecast till this afternoon, so we can get outside for a walk this morning ... ( and keep me awake) Due to illness, I don't have a school run today, so that is a bonus!

Pixie ... I love courgettes too, last year they did not alot, the year before I had courgettes coming out of my ears! Who knows?!

Oh Mouse, I know exactly what you mean about thinking of all the things you will be able to do once a particular child is no longer involved.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How’s everyone’s week been?

We had some awful weather on Wednesday, heavy rain all day, but then yesterday was gorgeous. We were in the garden in the morning with no coats on

Today is my day off and I’m off to Ikea to get a chest of drawers and a bookcase…and no doubt lots of other random bits as well

Enjoy your days everyone

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How come it is Friday already?!

We've been in the garden today ... but the children wanted to play inside because it was 'too hot'

We've also visited a neighbours pond, and have got a little bit of frogspawn in a tank to 'grow' at home. I'm very nervous about it, but last year, my neighbours tadpoles all got eaten by the fish, newts (?) ( and my vile cat ) so we decided to try and help out! Any tips? I've seen you can buy tadpole food! Obviously, once they start growing legs, we will return them to the pond!

Busy weekend with DD dancing again

14. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The days do seem to be flying by!

We have spent a lot of our days out in the garden. Friday is my early finish so I have had a lovely walk with the dog at. a nearby nature reserve, well the environment was lovely not so sure about the dog he is a little bit nutty when we go somewhere new or somewhere we haven't been for a while.

No real plans for the weekend, the grass does need cutting and I need to clean up the children's outdoor playspace as we have had paint outside this week.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Pixie Dust

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse I have a child like that and it’s exhausting.

Loocyloo put frog spawn in a tank with pebbles at the bottom, oxygenating plant. When they become tadpoles I feed with fish food flakes and sliced cucumber, they love it! Had baby frogs jumping round playroom last year that was the time I decided you’re going back in the pond you came from!
    As long as you change half the water every few days to keep clean ( the plants help with this) they do so well.the children love watching from tadpole, froglet then baby frogs. They see them in the pond when we put them back in my friends pond.

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Dragonfly

Another question ... does the water change need to be pand water, or is water from water butt OK? Thank you.
    Last edited by loocyloo; 20-03-2022 at 08:40 AM.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you may not believe this but I use a turkey baster and empty no more than half the water usually a quarter and then fill it up to the amount you want with water from water butt . Never from a tap.

I use the baster ( I heard you say why use that? Loocyloo) because I can get the water from the bottom of the tank where it’s dirtiest and if you manage to suck up a tadpole, yes, this does happen sometimes, just squirt it back in the water gently of course.

Collecting my tadpoles tomorrow.

Over wintered cocoons are in tall tank ready to emerge and be released. May of told you that already 🤭

20. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

P.s. Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely spring weather.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Well you may not believe this but I use a turkey baster and empty no more than half the water usually a quarter and then fill it up to the amount you want with water from water butt . Never from a tap.

I use the baster ( I heard you say why use that? Loocyloo) because I can get the water from the bottom of the tank where it’s dirtiest and if you manage to suck up a tadpole, yes, this does happen sometimes, just squirt it back in the water gently of course.

Collecting my tadpoles tomorrow.

Over wintered cocoons are in tall tank ready to emerge and be released. May of told you that already 🤭
    Wow ... the children must love all the wildlife at yours Dragonfly.

Thank you ... my frogspawn is starting to hatch already eeek!
    Attached Images Attached Images

23. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Children love wildlife.
    I was up the park the other day before we went to collect the frogspawn.I said come on we have to go now and get the frogspawn from the pond to my mindees . A child that had been playing with my mindees said “what’s frogspawn?”
    I guess all children aren’t taught these sorts of thing from an early age unless they have been with a childminder/ nursery?
    Or have a wildlife interested parent.

25. Likes loocyloo liked this post