Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly chat 28th Feb

A day late again, but here we are!

Can you believe we're in March already? January seemed to drag by, then February went in a flash.

We've got a lovely day today for the 1st March. It's bright and sunny, although a bit cold. It just makes you feel very springlike and hopeful that warmer weather might be on the way

What's everyone got planned for the week? We're going to make pancakes today, then we're off to try out a new toddler group tomorrow and then the library song session on Thursday. I'm not sure how many children I'll have each day. Another one has come out with chicken pox and another couple have got colds/runny noses - a possible sign they're coming down with it. I have warned all the parents to be on the look out for chicken pox, but one mum was still surprised when I said yesterday that I thought her child had it. The spots turning to blisters were a bit of a giveaway!

Enjoy your weeks everyone

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening !

Lucky you Mouse, we had a very wet walk to school this morning and it's been grey most of the day.

We made pancakes today, I have a few book themed activities planned over the week due to it being World Book day Thursday. We have had a case of Chicken pox here too and two others have colds so I have warned the parents too.

We are nearly at the end of Holby Mouse as I am sure I read it finishes in March so probably 4 episodes to go.

Enjoy the rest of your week everyone and I am hoping for some of the Spring sunshine to head this way.
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

After yesterday's lovely weather, it's been horrendous all day today!

One of the children turned up without a coat so I took that as a good excuse not to go out. We had been going to go to toddler group, but we actually had a really nice day indoors.

Pixie Dust, I've seen that the last episode of Holby will be on 29th March. I have to be honest, I haven't watched it properly for a few weeks now, but I've got it all recorded so I might catch up on a few episodes before it finishes.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How come it's Wednesday evening!

Crazy busy week with Shrove Tuesday and St David's Day yesterday and then Ash Wednesday and Dr Suess Day ( ) today! World Book Day tomorrow and Friday!

Yesterday was glorious weather wise and today has been horrible! Tomorrow isn't looking great and as for Friday !!!! We better turn into ducks!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Rain, rain go away! So wet yesterday but dry today.

Have a good day all.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We've had a great day.

My new baby came for a visit with mum, then mum popped out. Babe didn't appear to even notice! Next week Babe comes on their own, and the following week, comes for the whole day !!!!

We then read lots of books for world book day, and decided we were going to leave some around town ( with a note in ) for other children to find and enjoy. This afternoon my littlest one slept the hours away and the 2 older ones 'role played' ... to be fair ... i'm not really sure WHAT they were playing, but they were totally engrossed and it involved moving A LOT of toys all around the house! However, I gave a 15 minute warning of needing to go to school, and bless them, they ( pretty much ) tidied everything away again.

Non stop rain forecast for tomorrow JOY !!!!

8. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a perfect day Loocyloo!

Most of my little ones are really good at tidying up but they've started asking where thing goes. I think it's my fault. To encourage them I'd pick something up and say "where does this go?" and one of them would grab it and put it in the right box or basket. Now they pick something up and bring it to me to ask where it goes, even though they know very well where it goes! And they do it with every...single...thing!!

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the idea of leaving books books around town/ village for others to find and enjoy. I may do that with surplus children’s books, it’s like the painted stone idea. Children love to find those.

Off today I don’t work Fridays, I bet the weathers going to be grim just for me!

Elderly person I look after has been in hospital last 4 weeks.unfortunately I don’t think they will be coming out , so sad.
    Nearly 94.

Have a good day everyone.

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Dragonfly. How sad. I hope they are as OK as they can be.

I love leaving books around... although someone didn't get it ... I got message from library to say they had 'found' my book and were keeping it safe in the office for me. I had to explain that I'd left them for CHILDREN to find and keep! ... I'd not put my name or anything with the books, just a note to say 'keep and enjoy' ... but I did put a post on local Facebook group to say I'd put some books out .... so whoever 'found' the book and took it into the library, must have seen my Facebook post to know it was me to contact!!!! ( library was shut to the public, so it was obviously someone working there! )

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaving books around town sounds lovely. Funny that someone contacted you to return a book when you had explained on Facebook and left a note in the book!

I only had my 9 month old this week and the weather wasn't great on the days I had him. He is not going to sleep very easily or sleeping for very long at the moment, Mum has said to try some music when I put him down. I'ver had an awful cold this week so a baby that didn't want to sleep wasn't great!

Beautiful sunshine today. Hope you have lovely weekends.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's sad Dragonfly. Are you able to visit them in hospital?

I hope you feel better soon Ellisha. It's so hard when the babies don't sleep, especially if you're not feeling good. My 12 month old mindee apparently sleeps for 2-3 hours at home, but I'm lucky if I get 15 minutes out of him! He's always happy, even if he doesn't have much sleep, so at least I don't have a tired, grumpy baby on my hands.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo, that's such a lovely idea with the books, even if not everyone gets it!

Unfortunately if I tried something like that where I live, the books would probably just get trashed

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, the elderly person I care for died on Friday, we were given end of life visiting so I was able to hold their hand and talk to them even though obviously they can’t speak back ( told they can hear). Died about 5 hours after we left.

That’s so funny they gave your book back to you Loocyloo obviously didn’t get it!

Lovely and sunny today, I’m told there’s cold weather on the way?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m so sorry to hear that Dragonfly.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry Dragonfly x
    Pixie Dust