Weekly chat 31st Jan
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly chat 31st Jan

It's a bit late in the day, but welcome to the new week!

Can you believe it's February tomorrow? It seems to have come round quickly, despite January seeming to go on forever!

Is anyone doing anything to celebrate Chinese New Year? I started to talk about it with the children today, but they didn't show much interest or understanding, so I'll keep it simple. We've got the tiger books out this week and the tiger animals. I've also got a couple of nice Chinese New Year books so we'll have a look at those together. This week we're focussing on the colour red, so that ties in nicely.

Enjoy your week everyone!

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

GUNG HAY FAT CHOY !!!

We had friends over this morning, and had a chinese feast for lunch, including some odd puffed rice cake things and juice that i got in the chinese supermarket in Leeds. We read some books, and did some painting and sticking loosely based on chinese new year. We've been having great fun with the coloured rice in the sensory tray, using chinese spoons and bowls for spooning and mixing in. I'm going to keep the rice and bits out all week as a loose 'theme'. i did mean to get out all the toy tigers, but forgot !!! maybe tomorrow. I'm sure they'd love to play in the rice. One little one has been using a chopstick to write in the rice which was rather good!

We've got a busy week, being out and about and catching up with friends ( either those with children/grandchildren or other childminders! ). sometimes there just doesn't seem to be enough days in the week! It is also 'national story telling week' so i'm going to encourage my schoolies to tell stories to everyone.

it has become very windy here this afternoon. going to be fun walking to school! stay safe everyone xxx

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Loocyloo you are always so busy! I am exhausted just reading about it

I haven't been feeling too good the last couple of days as went down with a chest infection at the weekend so by the time I have finished working I am ready for bed. Is it really only Tuesday ? I haven't done too much around Chinese New Year as I mainly have under 2s so it means nothing to them but we did have some noodles at lunch time and the older one used chopsticks to eat hers. We have some dragon shadow puppets which the older after school children used tonight.

We have been outside today and it was quite warm in the garden, I think we were sheltered from the wind. We had the sand out for the first time in a while so that kept everyone entertained.
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ooo, hope you feel better soon Pixie. Your dragon shadow puppets sounds fun.

I too, can't believe it is still Tuesday, however, i know I will blink and it will be Friday!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This week is flying by and I can't believe it's my last working day tomorrow.

We've had a lovely few days. Today was the new starters first birthday and the other children were so excited all day! The poor little one didn't have a clue what was going on, but he joined in with the excitement anyway. Mum provided a cake so everyone was happy!

Tomorrow we're off to the library to collect some books that I ordered. On the way home we're going have a look in a couple of charity shops. I've told the children they can buy something, so goodness knows what we'll end up with

I hope you're weeks are all going well.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thursday is my manic day so I thought I'd pop on quickly before the chaos starts!

Luckily I have my assistant here, so our trip to the library will be well managed. Our visit to the charity shop may be slightly more unpredictable though! It's been a long time since I've taken the children in to any shops so they'll no doubt have forgotten our rule of not picking everything up!

This evening I'll get everything packed away ready for the weekend, then DH and I are off to Ikea. He can't wait

Enjoy your day everyone!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Friday already!

Hope everyone's weeks have gone well. We went to the charity shop yesterday and bought a children's piano keyboard that plays about a zillion tunes! It has been well used already... just not sure how long the batteries will last Hope your children found something interesting Mouse!

I'm off to meet a friend and her minded children for a walk this morning, so hope the weather holds. Have a good day everyone xx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo made it to Friday! Been a bit of a week but never mind, hopefully I will be fitting fit next week.

I love Fridays as I finish at 1pm so now having a lovely hot cuppa and 5 mins catch up time before I get on with some admin stuff plus my house desperately needs a good clean and tidy as this week I have been so tired overnight I haven't kept on top of everything.

Hope you didn't spend too much in Ikea, I do miss Ikea as our nearest one is a good 2 hour drive away, we used to go to the one near DS's uni as it was next door to the hotel we used to use but we don't stay there now, on the positive side think how much money I will have saved

loocyloo hope you enjoyed your walk and were lucky with the weather unfortunately we have had rain all morning.
    Pixie Dust

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

it was colder than we expected, but we had a nice walk! Thank you Pixie. sorry to hear it rained for you. ( we have rain forecast for the whole of tomorrow ... i can't actually remember when it actually last 'properly' rained ... typically though ... we've got visitors for the weekend, and had planned a long walk along the coast !!! )

we got home ( after lunch out ) and despite NO ONE wanting a snooze ... i have 3 fast asleep! just wondering how easy they will be to wake in time for school run!

i don't 'need' to go to ikea ... but i can hear it calling me! sadly my closest is about 90mins drive away. I usually tie it in with DD needing new dance shoes, but as her feet haven't grown .. i've got away with just being able to order new shoes online! although, she is muttering about wanting to go and try on some new leotards! I can't face ordering a dozen or so in several sizes, for to actually decide she doesn't like any of them I've suggested she takes a friend, and i'll just drive them and leave them to it !!