Week of 24th Jan
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Week of 24th Jan

Hi everyone! I hope you had nice weekends?

I had my new little one last week so I just didn't get a chance to stop really. At 7 months, he is not yet crawling so it's actually easy in that sense, but the extra nap, milk, lunch and nap at a different time to my other child, it meant no actual rest time for me. Only 3 days a week though so plenty of time to recover! This week, I have bought some story stones to help with speech and understanding and we will do some baking at some point. I have ordered some seeds that we can plant and keep inside.

I have in laws visiting at the weekend so will need to try and keep on top of the housework!

What are your plans for the week?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello!

How lovely ...a non moving baby! I never seen to get one of those! If they are not moving when they arrive, they seem to be mobile by the time they go home on the first day!!!!

I'm out and about this week, and just hoping my new children's routines start to merge into mine!

Have fun everyone xxx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone !

That's one day down. I had a training day Saturday so I feel I have lost the weekend!

Everyone seems to be having lots of new little ones at the moment.

We are off to one of our monthly groups later this week apart from that not a lot happening. We have quite a few Covid cases at our local school so just keeping my fingers crossed that we all keep well.

Have fun whatever you are all doing x
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening everyone!

I had a busy weekend and only really got to sit down yesterday afternoon, when i sat on the sofa and fella sleep!

My new starter is onto his second week. I have to say, he's been a little star. He's stopped trying to crawl away all the time and actually sat and played with the treasure basket for a while this afternoon.

We'll be heading to the library tomorrow, but haven't got much else planned apart from that. A lot will depend on the weather. It's been so cold the children haven't wanted to play for long in the garden so we've been doing short stints outside then coming in to warm up. I'm starting to long for some sunshine and warmth.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We've barely been in the garden! By the time I've got everyone suited and booted, the first one 'done' wants to come in/ needs a wee/ new nappy!

I got sent this as a WhatsApp earlier and it made me smile, so I thought I'd share it !
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an unexpected day off today so Im going through bits in preparation for inspection. Last done in 2017 so I'm sure I'm due.

Hope the week is going ok for everyone.

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    We've barely been in the garden! By the time I've got everyone suited and booted, the first one 'done' wants to come in/ needs a wee/ new nappy!

I got sent this as a WhatsApp earlier and it made me smile, so I thought I'd share it !

That's how I feel Loocyloo .....it seems to take forever to get everyone all ready then they want to come back in again.

Love that attachment by the way
    Pixie Dust

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    That's how I feel Loocyloo .....it seems to take forever to get everyone all ready then they want to come back in again.

Love that attachment by the way

It made me smile!

We did go out in the garden for a short while, but it was still just a bit too 'misty moisty' !

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We made the kitchen roll bird feeders today. Hung one in the tree outside and put the rest of the bird seed on a tray. Within minutes we had 5 squirrels, blackbirds, crows, robins, jays, magpies and bluetits. We spent a good hour just watching and talking about what we could see

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's impressive Sylvia! I love watching the squirrels in the garden, but they're a nightmare for digging up our bulbs and pinching the bird feeders - not just the seed, they take the whole feeder

Our day went really quickly today. We managed a longer play in the garden as it wasn't so cold, but the children were still happy to come back indoors.

I bought a new low chair with a tray for the baby to go in, but the other children spent most of the day taking turns in it. He hardly got a look in! It does make it easier having somewhere for him to sit and play though, especially when the other children are trying to do something they don't want him wreck! He was happy to sit in it and play with toys, when he had the chance

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't dare put any bird food out in the garden ... my cats are such prolific hunters I don't need to give them any help.

A chair for the baby sounds a good plan Mouse. Would you mind putting a link or messaging me with a link? I've got a high chair that I use and indeed, yesterday, resorted to the travel cot for 5 minutes when I needed to change a nappy explosion! I used to have a baby walker, but I don't really like them!

We've been out most of the day at the zoo! Got a friend coming over tomorrow... hoping we'll get them all outside!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

VEEYOO Travel Booster Seat with Removable Tray - Compact Folding Portable High Chair for Dining, Camping, Park, Beach, Portable with Carrying Bag, (Black) : Amazon.co.uk: Baby Products

There is a smaller size, but I went for the bigger one as I thought it would last longer. The baby is 1 in a couple of weeks time and sits well in it. Plus the large 3 year old was more than comfy in it, with room to spare.

20. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    VEEYOO Travel Booster Seat with Removable Tray - Compact Folding Portable High Chair for Dining, Camping, Park, Beach, Portable with Carrying Bag, (Black) : Amazon.co.uk: Baby Products

There is a smaller size, but I went for the bigger one as I thought it would last longer. The baby is 1 in a couple of weeks time and sits well in it. Plus the large 3 year old was more than comfy in it, with room to spare.
    Brilliant thank you, that looks great xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Sunday everyone. Are you all having a good weekend? What’s your weather been like? Has the storm been bad where you are? It got very windy here yesterday but not bad enough to cause any damage. It’s much nicer out today. Cold and a bit breezy, but quite sunny and bright.

My job for today is to go and sort the toy shed a bit. For a while now I’ve been putting stuff away by just opening the door and shoving it in. Now it’s got to the point where I can’t fit anything else in and I can’t reach the stuff further back. I’m not planning on doing a complete sort, just enough so I can open the door without everything falling out!

23. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hope you had a good tidy Mouse.

Yesterday was very windy, with lots of trees down near us. I seem to have spent most of the weekend sitting in my car reading waiting for DD !!!

Can anyone else believe it's February on Tuesday? How fast has January gone, even though it seemed to be taking a long time!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Its been a quiet weekend for me as haven't been feeling to well but thankfully feeling a bit better now. I have just had a quick tidy round and getting ready for the morning.
    Pixie Dust