17th January weekly chat
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 17th January weekly chat

It's a bit late in the day, but welcome to the new week!

I had a busy day. I had a new starter, a baby sibling of one of my current children. Due to various circumstances we hadn't had time for any settling in visits. In fact, I hadn't actually met him before! Mum brought him along and stayed for half an hour, but he was settled the minute he came in and we had a great day. It's just tiring getting used to a chasing after a crawling baby again!

What's everyone got planned for the week? We're off to the library tomorrow, but haven't got much else planned apart from that. While baby and I are getting used to each other we'll have lots of free play to see what he likes.

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow Mouse sounds like your little one settled well. I sometimes think it easier when they haven't had the time to get used to mum coming in with them and hanging around. My new one that started last week only had one short visit with mum and it seemed to work well, mum did give me a comprehensive run down off likes/dislikes etc alongside the dreaded sleep routine which I mentioned last week. You are right though babies are tiring ! My little ones are now walking and are a bit more independent which is nice.

I don't really have much planned, it's been pretty cold and frosty here the last few days so we have left some water out tonight to see if it will freeze as the older ones were fascinated by the salt that the school had put down to stop everyone slipping and sliding across the playground.

Keep warm everyone and have fun!
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning all!

totally agree ... babies are exhausting! mine just never seem to stay still! They have all settled really well! in fact, i think i prefer settling in sessions, since covid, in that parents don't come in at all ! ( apart from a visit to see me! ) I've had one who took a while to settle, and takes a few days after each holiday, however, i don't think that would have been any easier, and may have been worse, if they had ever had mum here! I know school USED to encourage parents to come in and help children take coats off/put them on, but they don't any more, and say the class is much more calm and settled! ( i may have mentioned to them several times over the past 10 years, that, that is how we used to do it at our old school, and it really worked well! ... they agree now !!! )

It has been freezing here, but today is a 'touch' warmer, so we're going to head to the woods! not sure how long we'll last, but my 4 yr old has been asking to go since before Christmas! ( only comes one day a week, and we just couldn't fit it in before Christmas, and then its been too cold, plus new babies! ) I've a friend coming over tomorrow, and then a trip to the zoo on friday. I think that i need to 'corral' my babies a bit by being out and about! if only for my sanity !!!

have fun everyone xxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my new starter again today. He's the happiest little chap, but he does keep me on my toes! It is taking a bit of getting used to though. I had such a good routine going with the 2 & 3 year olds, but that's gone to pot this week! I've had to pack away a lot of the usual resources as they're too small for the baby and our learning activities are non-existent as I'm constantly seeing to the baby or chasing after him. The other children are more than happy with all the free play, but I just don't feel as if we're achieving much. Hopefully we'll all get into a better routine soon.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Exactly Mouse!

Routine? What Routine!

On another topic .. I bought one of those LED scribble board things you recommended... my 'non mark making ' 4 yr old spent 20 mins drawing and then so did DH think I'm going to have to buy another!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

On another topic .. I bought one of those LED scribble board things you recommended... my 'non mark making ' 4 yr old spent 20 mins drawing and then so did DH think I'm going to have to buy another!
    They're so good, aren't they? We've had a magnetic one stuck to our fridge for years. It's so handy for shopping lists, notes for family etc. The children's ones aren't as good quality, so i doubt they'll last that long, but they're great for now.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a nice early finish today. The last mum arrived half an hour early. We weren’t ready, so it was a bit of a dash getting shoes, coats, pictures etc together, but it was worth it as I was packed away and sat down before my expected finish time!

I had my new starter again today and things went a lot more to plan! I managed story time, some craft, outdoor play and even some planned learning activities with the older children. I felt a lot more in control than I had done!

DH and I are now off to meet one of our sons in town for something to eat. It’ll be nice not to have to cook

11. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day Mouse! Enjoy your meal out, we went out last night as it was DH'S last day before heading back away with work for 3 weeks. My week just seems to have passed by in a blur, I don't feel I have done any activities as such with the children but they have all been happy. I really struggle to actually get out any further than than the garden or school run at the moment, its mainly due to the ages and stages of the children plus the weather!
    Pixie Dust

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No work for me today. I have been spring cleaning our bedroom and it’s taken me almost all day. My partner is messy and looking in all the cupboards today I labelling him a hoarder!! I feel a few trips to the local dump coming on very soon. My grandson has been off with covid since last Wednesday and I’m really missing him. Going to watch him playing football on Sunday though. Good weekend everyone

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good evening!

HOW COME IT IS FRIDAY ALREADY? !!!!! crazy !!!

I've had a lovely couple of days, well week really! have been out and about and my new starters are all great ... even if they ALL sleep in the morning, and then my older mindees seem to have all given up their afternoon sleeps this week, so I haven't had my customary 20/30 mins to drink a cup of tea/breathe/get ready for the rest of the day !!! time to re-jig, and ( re- ) introduce the 'quiet time' activities for the older ones in the afternoon !!!

i don't have much planned for the weekend ... and i intend to keep that way !!!! maybe a nice walk, thinking about maybe at the seaside ... but we'll see.

xxx