Good afternoon Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Tuesday

How is everyone? Has anyone started back working today?

I don't start back till Monday so I'm enjoying the last few days of freedom Having said that, I've got my grandson here, so it's not much of a rest.

This week 2 of my sons have tested positive for covid. Luckily they don't live at home, so I don't have to worry about that. Both of them have had it before, one of them only had it 6 months ago. He's also double jabbed and has had his booster - obviously that offers little protection against getting it! Neither of them is ill with it though, so it may have helped with that...who knows?!

What's everyone got planned for the next few weeks? I'm going to get the children settled back in next week, then we'll start on some winter activities. Has anyone got any suggestions for nice winter themed books for 3 year olds and younger?

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Helloooo!

I've finished my first day! bit of a baptism by fire as all children VERY excited to be back, and wanted to do 'craft' all day long !!!! I did persuade them out for a walk, but brrrrrr, it was perishing out there!

I'm just settling everyone back in this week, and then, all my new starters start next week, so not sure exactly what we'll actually do!

There is a lovely story called 'The Mitten' that Maza recommended a couple of years ago which is a nice winter story, and I like 'William's Winter Wish' ... both snow related though! ( although William is wishing for snow ) There is a Kipper book about ... snow! and a couple of Percy the Park Keeper - I think one is about snow, and the other about a storm? I can't quite remember. Tim Hopgood (yes, my favourite!) has 'walking in a winter wonderland' which is lovely, with an accompanying CD .. but again ... it is snow! My friend recommended 'Here comes Jack Frost' but I haven't seen it yet. My other 'go to' books, are 'Tree' which is the seasons, but good at looking at the winter pages and 'The things that I love about Trees' ... again, seasonal, but we just look at relevant pages.

Hope your DS's get better soon.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening!

I was back today, it was quite busy and everyone was very excited to be back and have some normality in their lives(I think the parents were ready for them to be back ) Ours schools don't go back until Thursday so I had both little ones and school children.

Everyone you talk to seems to know someone with Covid at the moment...

We have a few ' winter ' including Percy The Park Keeper, an Usborne book about snow, a book about Jack Frost, Hugless Douglas and we also have the 'Tree'.

I have new starter this week and will see what next week brings but will probably do some 'winter ' themed activities. Do you actually do much planning as I feel that I don't actually physically write planning anymore it's all in my head and then I see what each day brings.
    Pixie Dust

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I do season planning like obviously we are on winter now. And then I tag it to a child, like I have an activity number mittens where you put a snowball ( white Pom Pom or white marshmallow) on the mittens 2 marshmallows on number 2 mitten etc . One particular child isn’t very good recognising colours so as mittens are coloured it helps her there numbers also of course.

We also have snow and artic animals out on the tuff tray indoors. Shaving foam and bicarbonate keep in a container for future use.

Winter themed story books.

Penguin craft this week

Experiment put leaves berries etc in a container and leave outside over night, what happens.

All things help different children in different ways, speech, colour, numbers, environment ( Utw)

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh mouse my son and partner both have covid, tested yesterday after 7 days of having it both have still got it,Both triple jabbed work in a hospital. Both have horrible coughs and heavy colds.

Hope your son is better soon.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I was back to work yesterday. I had very little motivation - I'm just really tired. We have gone with the flow and spent time in the garden and playground even though it's cold. My LO is really into mark making at the moment so I think I'll have to think of some new mark making ideas. I was thinking of doing some bird feeder type activities to tie in with the Big Bird Watch soon. I have a new little one starting next week, who is only 7 months.

We haven't had any Covid here, although I've had an annoying cold. I hope your son's feel better soon Mouse.

9. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post