Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy New Year’s Eve!

Who’s going to be out partying tonight?

We’ll be staying at home, just me and DH. He’s having an operation next week, so we’re making sure we limit our exposure to people! Not that we’d be going out anyway When I was younger, New Year’s Eve was [I]the[I] big night out of the year, but now it always leaves me feeling a bit melancholy and pensive about what was, what is and what might be.

We’re going to do a family quiz over Zoom, which will be good fun. A throwback to the first lockdown! I’ll stay up till midnight as I like to stand in the garden to watch all the fireworks, then I’ll head off to bed, ready to get up tomorrow and take all the Christmas decorations down - a traditional New Year’s Day activity

Enjoy your evenings everyone. Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2022

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy New Year!

We're having a quiet one at home, and may not even see midnight!

I remember years gone by, of being out in London or Sydney, celebrating New Year, but it really doesn't appeal now!

Has anyone made New Year resolutions? I always say I'm going to try and catch up with old friends ... yet again, I'm going to try! I'm also going to try to drink more water!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year!

Quiet one here too, just me and the dog DH is currently driving home after being offshore for 3 weeks, its going to take a while so not expecting him here until the early hours. Not sure if I will stay up.

Loocyloo good luck with drinking more water, I hate drinking water, DH even got me a lovely water bottle to encourage me but no I would rather have a cuppa! I haven't really thought about any New Years resolutions .

Mouse ...I was always take our decorations down on New Years Day too, I like to get everything all clean and tidy for the start of the year.
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy new year to everyone. Just me and DP tonight. Party food, champagne and both trying to stop the poor cat stressing g about the fireworks that have been going off and will get far worse very soon.
    Resolutions might be to keep up my walking for exercise and just do things I enjoy and not think I should be doing something constructive or work wise instead. We seem to have a lot of things booked already for next year so it might just happen

7. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post