Who's got that Friday feeling?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who's got that Friday feeling?

Well done on making it through to the end of another week!

Have your schools all broken up today? Ours are in for a couple of days next week, but I don't have any school aged children so it doesn't really affect me. I know some have closed early though as they have so many teacher's off with covid or isolating. It's all a bit of a worry again, isn't it? I'm currently avoiding as many people as possible! It's not particularly the thought of getting covid, it's the thought of having to isolate/test if I come into contact someone who is positive. I want my family to get together at Christmas! One of my sons was in London this week so I'm making him do daily LFTs!

What's everyone got planned for the weekend? I really need to finish my Christmas shopping and think about a food shop. I did a food order back in October so I must have a look to see what I've actually ordered and what else I need to get. I've got a feeling it'll be more than I think!

ENjoy yourselves, whatever you're up to.

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Love that Friday feeling

Our school finished today. A lot of parents had chosen to keep their children home from school this week due to a rise in Covid cases in school. One of my friends has tested positive this week and they have no idea where they picked it up. At the moment I hold my breath while I wait for my LFT.

This afternoon once I had finished work I popped to our local retail park to get a bit of shopping then came home and did a bit more wrapping. Tomorrow my youngest is back from uni then fingers crossed we get to go and stay with my eldest for a few days over Christmas.

This evening I have watched a cheesy Christmas film on Netflix and tomorrow I am looking forward to the Strictly final. I honestly don't mind who wins as they are both great. It's such a shame AJ has had to pull out due to her injury.

Have a great weekend everyone !
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Saturday morning!

Schools broke up yesterday here, and I have only one more day of work this year! ( which means ... only one more day off paying something on Facebook! ... back in January, when e went into lockdown, I decided to post a picture everyday, of something we had done, share a story, an idea etc ... and then when I said I was stopping, I had people asking me to continue ... and it's enough now! Planning to go back to a weekly post unless something amazing occurs! )

We had DHs work do last night ... it was alright, but I wasn't impressed with venue ... only one member of staff in masks, despite signs up, asking people to wear masks, no one, other than myself was! Even DH was like 'no one else is, and we all work together' ... vaguely fair enough ... but they don't work with the other companies who were also at the do!
    DD works in a pub; all staff wear masks, and customers are requested to wear masks moving around, and most do. I'm Carol singing later ... outside a few pubs, but we'll all be in masks if we go in. Just made me cross, and I wasn't really in party mood!

Got a busy morning with a bit of shopping to do and lots of things to drop off/ collect. And then, aforementioned Carol singing! DH is suggesting we go out to eat after Carol singing ...NOOOOOO! I want to come home and watch final! Poor AJ, I feel so sorry for her and Kai. But I still want Rose to win.

Stay safe everyone xx

5. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Loocyloo, what a shame you didn't enjoy the party.

Enjoy the carol singing. I was just saying to DH this morning that you don't tend to hear carols being sung these days, unless you go to an actual carol concert. AT one time the shops would play them, but now they play christmas music instead, most of which I dislike (Wham!!). I am a very non-religious person, but I do love the traditional carols. I was playing them this morning and trying to decide which is my favourite. Each time a new one started I'd think "oh, yes, this could be my favourite", but then another one would start and I'd be "ah, but I really like this one as well" Do they even sing carols in schools these days or is it all Jingle Bells and the like?

7. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't think they sing carols really in schools either ... we had a christingle service at church, full of children and I KNOW they learn 'away in a manger' at school, but hardly anyone sang, and they didn't know any others.

I love carols ... just been sorting my music folder out and I must have at least 40 odd, plus a couple of Carol books full! My favourite is 'In the bleak midwinter', but I also love a version of Away in the manger set to a 'normandy' tune. This year I rather like 'Carol of the bells' and the Calypso Carol.

I don't mind Christmas music in shops, but I loathe ( and always have done ) Last Christmas and 'Do they know its Christmas?' My current favourite Christmas song is 'I want a hippopotamus for Christmas' ... the rhyming in it is glorious!

9. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I don't think they sing carols really in schools either
    It's sad, isn't it? Maybe I'm getting old, but children these days don't seem to have any exposure to classical music or traditional carols and I think they should. The children here love classical music and all have their favourites.

11. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It's sad, isn't it? Maybe I'm getting old, but children these days don't seem to have any exposure to classical music or traditional carols and I think they should. The children here love classical music and all have their favourites.
    It is sad.
    We listen to lots of classical music here too!

13. Likes Pixie dust liked this post