Welcome to an icy Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome to an icy Wednesday

My 9am starter has phoned in sick (well, her mum has!), so I'm not starting till 10am this morning. It's given me time to catch up on a couple of bits of paperwork and to hunt down the Christmas stickers that I'd put away somewhere 'safe'. They were with some Christmas tree shaped cards that I'd bought a while back, so I can only assume i was planning on the children decorating the cards with stickers. Even if that wasn't the original plan, it's one that I'll be using now

What's your weather like today? We had a frost on the car first thing this morning, so it's definitely getting colder. I saw a forecast last night that said snow could be in its way in some areas. I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet!

Did anyone watch the Bake Off final last night? I was a bit surprised at the winner as I didn't think they did particularly well last night, but I liked all of the finalists so wouldn't have minded who won.

Enjoy your days everyone!

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We had a very crispy crunchy walk to school this morning. A fair few children were later than usual this morning as parents hadn't factored in de-icing the car!

We've been out for a walk and are just waiting for DD at college and going out for lunch together!

I didn't see Bake Off, but I've seen who won/ was in the final and I'd have been happy with any of them.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone, it's been very cold here today, I was surprised that my heating has been popping on during the day tbf I am still suffering with the cold I came down with at the weekend. We have had a couple of very relaxed child led days. DH woke up with a sore throat this morning so I think it's his turn now.

I did watch Bake Off I think it was a close call really between them.

Keep warm everyone x
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie, I pressed 'like' on your post because your heating has been on - not because your DH has got a sore throat! Hope you both feel better soon.

We had a lovely walk this morning. My tornado mindee fell asleep in the pushchair, so he didn't get out of the pushchair and it was a lot more relaxed with just the two of them to herd. I've spent most of the day trying to make him aware of what he's doing every time he just swipes everything onto the floor. I know it a natural thing for toddlers to do, but he is a bit extreme and within seconds of him arriving or getting up from his nap the whole playroom is one great big tripping hazard. If he is the first one to arrive in the morning I feel a bit frustrated for the others as they don't get a even a glimpse of the things I have set up. When can I expect that phase to pass? I have two others his age and they don't do it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    When can I expect that phase to pass? I have two others his age and they don't do it.
    I had one child start in August and one in September and to start with, all they did was tip everything onto the floor. I started by really limiting the amount of things I got out for them to play with. I even turned my open shelving units round so the toys were hidden. I did worry that the other children would miss out, but they actually played better with fewer toys.

I also put all the toys on the floor, rather than on tables/shelves, to remove the temptation of them being swiped onto the floor. I use different mats to create ‘zones’ and encourage the children to keep the toys on the right mat. So, cars on one mat, dolls on another etc.

It worked really well and I don’t have an issue with things being thrown onto the floor now. I still end up with everything tipped out, but that’s while they’re playing and we just have a tidy up every so often.

7. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Chilly here but not frosty. Two schoolers here at half 7 this morning we’re playing in conservatory. When I looked to see what they were up to, it looked like they had got every resource I own and lined them up on the floor! I left it all day and told them tonight they were putting it all away before home time. They never touched it at all till they tidied up at half 5. They are not little, 7 and nearly 10!! Wouldn’t have minded if it was part of a game. Rant over!!

9. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post