Thank goodness it's Thursday!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank goodness it's Thursday!

Well, that's me all packed away...and my weekend has started!

One of the children I have on a Thursday only comes one day a week. She's been coming for a couple of months now and is usually a little whirlwind, trampling over everything and everyone. She's a fab little thing, but is so excited by everything we do that she can't contain herself and spends the day dashing from one thing to another. Today she was absolutely amazing. She actually stopped rushing around and settled to play. It may the day so much calmer for everyone.

This evening I'm going to get my covid booster jab. I was hoping it wouldn't be busy as it's by appointment, but I've seen a few comments from people saying they had to queue for ages. I'm wondering whether I should take a coffee with me to keep me going!

Once I've had that done I'm going to nip to M&S to get something nice for dinner. I've told DH I'll probably need to rest after my jab so he can cook whatever I get. I don't think he believed me but he'll cook it anyway

2. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, enjoy your M and S meal Mouse. I think I love all their stuff. We have ordered all of our Christmas veg and side dishes from there, but they had already sold out of nut roasts (for me, DH and DD get beef and ham/gammon). However, I popped into the store a couple of weeks ago and they had them in their freezer, so I bought one and was really chuffed with myself.

One of my little ones has been ill and has been off for two days and isn't in tomorrow. It's so much calmer with a smaller number and the dynamics really change. You always notice different things about the remaining children.

Do you remember the mum of mine who asked if she could pick her child up late because she had a funeral of a close family member? The one who didn't mention whether she expected to pay me or not and I couldn't bring myself to ask? She collected him 50 minutes late and didn't mention anything about money and I had already decided to just let it go. Today, she handed me cash for the TWO hours that she had informally booked me for. I was so 'lifted' by it. Even though he wasn't any trouble, it's just nice to realise that I wasn't being taken for granted.

4. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Maza...that's lovely that the mum did that without you having to ask.

Mouse hope your booster went ok and you didn't have to wait too long.

Our dog is feeling a bit under the weather today, I went through to the lounge this morning to discover he had been sick, he has spent the day feeling a bit sorry for himself. Hopefully he will be better tomorrow.
    I had a lovely day with the little ones, this afternoon we have been out to one of our favourite toddler groups.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie, I hope your dog feels better soon. I wonder if it was something he ate.

One of my little ones fell off the slide today. I was standing right there supervising and he fell off right next to me. He was ok fortunately, but got a fright and cried loudly.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Pixie, I hope your dog feels better soon. I wonder if it was something he ate.

One of my little ones fell off the slide today. I was standing right there supervising and he fell off right next to me. He was ok fortunately, but got a fright and cried loudly.
    I think it must have been something he had eaten as he was sick twice Thursday and feeling very sorry for himself, so yesterday he was on a bland diet of small meals which he kept down and today he is back to normal bouncing around !!
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs do that, especially if they are out and about and find something tasty to eat, You sometimes see it again later 🤮