Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Happy Monday Afternoon!

Hello!

Hope everyone is having a lovely monday.

I'm just sitting here slightly in shock as I've finally got round to submitting my 20/21 tax return and I've just paid my tax bill, plus some on account for next/this years! I thought I'd always managed NOT to pay on account for the following year, but I couldn't see it as an option! I'm now determined to get my 21/22 tax filed before the end of July 22, so that I don't have to remember to pay the extra 'on account'! I have managed to get all my 21/22 accounts up to date though, so I'm winning!

Now I can turn my head to sorting out Christmas !!!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done on getting it all sorted. I seem to end up paying some on account of next year too, I submit mine in the hope that what I have already paid is a bonus but always end up paying some more! These last few years I always think I haven't been so busy and probably haven't learnt as ,much but then when I add it it up it's not normally that much different so my income has always been steady. I am always hopefully that the expenses bring it down quite a bit to reduce the tax bill

I haven't done anything exciting today we have just played with the usual bits and pieces, Monday is always a bit crazy with the little ones it seems to be a constant when of nappies/bottles and naps!
    Pixie Dust

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done on getting your tax return done Loocyloo. I'm the same as you Pixie Dust. Each year I think my earnings will be down, but they never are. And my profit never changes much, despite my best efforts to spend as much as I do on resources!

Monday is always quite a chilled day here. I don't start till 9.30 and finish by 4pm, so it's a short day. The children played really nicely and I realised that the grizzler hasn't grizzled for ages. She's turned into the happiest little thing and is great fun now.
    We spent time in the garden, then had lunch, then went for a walk to the post office. The rest of the time was just free play.

Once the children had gone home I sat and fell asleep! I've been so tired lately. My sleep is a bit rubbish so I'm tired before I even start the day. I think it must be an age thing

5. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My grizzler is a happy little thing now too!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done loocyloo. That's amazing.

Tomorrow, one set of parents has a funeral of a close family member. The mum mentioned that she might be late collecting as it is quite far away and could she book him in for tea. I couldn't work out if she was offering to pay or not and couldn't bring myself to ask (other circumstances I would, but a funeral...) So, DH is cross with me.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oooo tricky Maza. I'd just stick on the next invoice, or if she offered to pay when she collected say 'not to worry about it'.

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a tricky one Maza. But bah humbug to DH for being cross. It's easy for him to tell you how you should run your business when it's not him having to face the parents!

I go by the rule that if parents ask for extra hours I charge, but if I offer, I don't charge.

13. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done on completing your tax return Loocyloo. And thank you for the reminder. I didn't work last year but got the first grant and had my Ofsted, insurance, etc to pay.