Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

How's your day going so far? Thursday is a busy day with all the children here, but my daughter/assistant comes for the day so it's usually good fun.

It's wet and miserable so we've had an indoors morning. We'll aim to get out after lunch, although none of the children seem keen on the idea!

Did anyone attempt to hold a 2 minutes silence at 11 o'clock? I put the CBeebies animation on for the children and although they talked all the way through it, they did notice that the flowers were poppies so that's something. They're only little so I'm happy that they've gained something from us looking at the flowers this week. Around here there are lots of poppies on the lamp posts so we might go for a walk this afternoon to spot them.

Right, that's the pasta cooked so I'm off to get lunch sorted.

Enjoy the rest of your days.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon. We done Gelli bath slime this morning, do I recommend it NO,fun to play with but so hard to get the slime feeling off the children soap, then ecover washing up liquid was used.
    Then came the washing of the indoor tufftray it took sooo long to wash the slime off everything.

Gellibath is okay but stay clear of the Gellibaff slime.

Out to watch trees being cut Down and to play in the leaves and the tree rope swing.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I used the Gellibaff slime stuff once and the children I had didn't even like it! So we won't be using it again!

I've waited in all day for a delivery that is now going to come tomorrow. It's a new shower, basin, etc for our bathroom to be re-done in December, so I had to be in to receive it. My son is on a school trip to Chester today, which he was very excited about. It meant two school runs this morning and two this evening for me as it's longer than a school day. I'm ready to put my pyjamas on already!

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We had a busy morning with friends over. We watched the cbeebies animation and read the book 'where the poppies now grow' ( paraphrased ) and then made paper plates poppies and poppy painting. The older children were engrossed and asked questions. We're going via the war memorial on our way to school.

Otherwise everyone has just pottered around.

That slime sounds dreadful!

I've got church choir practice tonight ... First time since March 2020! Even though we've been singing as the choir, it's been with only a quick practice before the service and mainly just stuff we already knew.

8. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Good afternoon. We done Gelli bath slime this morning, do I recommend it NO,fun to play with but so hard to get the slime feeling off the children soap, then ecover washing up liquid was used.
    Then came the washing of the indoor tufftray it took sooo long to wash the slime off everything.

Gellibath is okay but stay clear of the Gellibaff slime.

Out to watch trees being cut Down and to play in the leaves and the tree rope swing.
    Dragonfly that made me giggle! Thanks for the tip though, I won't bother buying it.

We also watched the poppy animation. It was lovely wasn't it? Mine were more interested in the snail and the bunny rabbits though. It was so sad when the bunny was trembling under the hat. We painted some poppy heads that I had printed out and then stuck them on a green craft straw. They looked quite sweet actually.

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Maza the slime was awful.

12. Likes Maza liked this post