How’s your Tuesday been?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How’s your Tuesday been?

I had a late start this morning. I was up and ready on time but had forgotten that the first arrival had a dentist appointment so was coming in later. It gave me an extra half to have a cup of coffee and get sorted for the day. It also meant I could mark on my register that they were late because of a dentist appointment - all good for showing I know the importance of oral health care

We had a lovely morning in the garden. It wasn’t particularly warm outside, but it certainly wasn’t cold. The children had fun playing with shaving foam and warm water. Everything’s now covered in a soapy scum, so tomorrow’s outdoor play will probably be washing it all with clean water. I had thought of doing it now as all the children have gone home, but sitting indoors with a cup of coffee seemed a much better idea

It’s Holby and Bake Off night tonight and I’m planning to be in my PJs before they start! I’m so tired this week I really need to make myself have some early nights. My problem is that if I go to sleep too early, I wake up after a couple of hours and can’t get back to sleep again!

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This morning seemed to be a bit crazy with the two little ones, a constant stream of nappies/sleep and bottle. I am trying to encourage the 18month old to hold his bottle but he won't have it,,just screams at me! This afternoon was a lot calmer, we went for a walk before collecting the others from school as the baby needed a nap but was fighting it so a bit of fresh air worked a treat.

Mouse I always have good intentions of going to bed early but it never happens, I always wake up during the night at 4am then struggle to get back to sleep for a while then when the alarm goes off I don't want to get up. I read recently that staying up a bit later and getting up a bit earlier helps with this but I am always so tired by 10pm. What time does everyone else go to bed? I normally stop what I am doing at 10pm then by the time I have let the dog out, been to the bathroom etc it's normally about 10.20pm I go up to bed then I try and read for a little while. My alarm goes off at 6.25pm and I don't get out of bed straight away it's a real struggle but then I am rushing around walking the dog etc before the children start arriving at 7.45am.

Last night I knocked a pot of my sequins/beads all over the floor so spent ages picking them all up again, that was my evening gone I am making a tree skirt using an a appliqué kit I bought a few years back now, I desperately want to get it completed for this Christmas.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Pixie! I hate it when I drop stuff like that.

It was so mild today! We popped into the garden for a quick run around before I put the little ones in the pushchair to go for a walk, but they were having such a lovely time in the garden that we ended up staying there until lunch time. My almost three year old used to be as good as gold, but he's getting a bit possessive at the minute. He wants what ever someone else has got, even though there are three other identical ones lying around.

Pixie, I usually go to bed at about 11.20pm. It's too late and I never used to go to bed that late. I do often nod off on the sofa before bed. My alarm goes off at 6.50 am.

5. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I go to bed around 9.30pm and up at 6.15 so I can get things sorted for the dog and my own kids before childminding starts.

I only have one little one two days a week at the moment and I'm making so little money. I know it's because I've just started up again and things will pick up. I have a little one signed up to start in January and had an enquiry this morning which may work out. I've told them we have a dog, so just waiting to see if that will put them off!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It will pick up Ellisha. Well done on getting someone signed up for January. It took me ages to get enough clients after starting up again, but it did happen. Are you able to get to playgroups to get your face known? That was part of my problem.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

We were going to a playgroup every Wednesday but Mum's shifts keep being moved around so the last few weeks we haven't been. I was enjoying going too, as I'm new to the area it was nice to have a chat and learn about local things! The enquiry from today was put off by the dog as the little girl is petrified of dogs apparently. It's fair enough, although he is not a barky kind of dog, just likes to sniff the children and then does his own thing, mostly in another room.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisha View Post
    We were going to a playgroup every Wednesday but Mum's shifts keep being moved around so the last few weeks we haven't been. I was enjoying going too, as I'm new to the area it was nice to have a chat and learn about local things! The enquiry from today was put off by the dog as the little girl is petrified of dogs apparently. It's fair enough, although he is not a barky kind of dog, just likes to sniff the children and then does his own thing, mostly in another room.
    That's a shame about being put off by the dog, I have been quite lucky that parents have seen it as a bonus having the dog as some would love to have a dog but with working they can't. A family in the past decided to get a dog after seeing how their children reacted to our previous dog. I am lucky that I have a playroom where the dog isn't allowed in and in the garden he has his own space too. The right families will come along soon I am sure.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ellisha, could you go to the toddler group on your own? I used to, before I had any mindees, and just met people and got myself known! I used to help make the tea/coffee or hold babies so mum's could have a hot drink!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, that's a shame about the dog Ellisha.

I was always upfront about having a dog too before parents came to see me. I don't know how you worded it, but you have to frame it in a positive way, like they are an asset rather than something to be wary of. I'm sure you worded it perfectly, as it didn't put your current family or your January family off.

12. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I always try to be honest about the dog. He gets very excited when he first meets adults so jumps up at them, so I explain that to parents before they come and visit. I also say he's very gentle with the children and he actually sleeps for most of the day, but that's something that's difficult for the parents to see on a visit as he gets so excited! There are lots of dog owners around here so I have found that lots of families have their own dogs and are fine with it.

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully things will pick up soon for you Ellisha.

Having a dog will definitely put some people off, but there are plenty of others who will love it.

We've got cats and I find that puts some people off. We rarely see the cats in the daytime and they chose to stay away from the children, but you can guarantee that as soon as I have a family visiting, they'll appear and start playing up!!

16. Likes Maza liked this post