What a wet weekend
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What a wet weekend

We did have a bit of sunshine yesterday afternoon, but apart from that, we seem to have had non-stop rain all weekend. A bit inconvenient when I wanted to get a few jobs done in the garden!

Has everyone remembered to put their clocks back? What have you done with the extra hour? Had an extra hour in bed or got up and made the most of having an early start to the day? I got up early, put a load of washing on, made a drink…and brought it back to bed. The best of both worlds

Once I’m up properly I’m going to spend the day cleaning and sorting the house. And hopefully getting into the garden if this rain ever stops. I also need to do a food shop as the fridge is empty, but I’m hoping I can get an online delivery slot to save me having to go out.

Then this evening I’ll be waiting for the trick or treaters to arrive. I normally put the light up pumpkin in the window to let them know they can knock here, but I can’t find it anywhere. I have found a light up pumpkin balloon left over from last year, so hopefully that’ll work

Enjoy your days everyone

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is rather wet!!!

I just enjoyed lying in bed and reading my book for that extra hour

I've been to church and that is it for the day... I'm hunkering down! I put a rice pudding in the aga this morning and am about to put a pot roast in.

I turn all our lights etc off and don't answer the door to trick or treaters! I don't really like Halloween. I'm going to church for an All Souls day service and coming home to watch Dr Who. I've been very impressed by the trailers for Dr Who .. especially the ones where it looks like the Dr is 'hacking' into the TV signal

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're not setting up for trick or treaters here either this year.

I'm going to take the dog for a walk soon and admire all the Halloween displays out and about though.

Yesterday DD and I went into town looking for birthday clothes for her and hen for a coffee. I also bought a couple of books from the library - 10p each, and then a couple of books from the second hand book shop for £1 each. I got Ketchup on Your Cornflakes and Hippo Has a Hat, which I have wanted for a while.

Is anyone doing any activities for Diwali and Bonfire Night next week?

Right now, DD is assembling a trofast unit for me. I'm very excited. We've got jacket potatoes in the oven for a late lunch - is it me or do they taste so much better when done in the oven instead of the microwave? Looclyll, a rice pudding in the aga and about to put a roast in - sounds very hygge!

6. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone....sounds like you are all having cosy days.

I have given the playroom a quick clean as it gets really dusty in there for some reason. I changed a few bits on the shelving unit ready for next week. Its quite tricky catering for the various ages I have at the moment. I have been trying to find some wooden bits that I put away a while ago now but can't find them anywhere, DH is a nightmare for sticking stuff up in the loft out of the way. He is away working so will just have to hope they turn up somewhere.
    I am looking forward to seeing everyone after having had the last week off. I had planned on doing some firework pictures next week but just looked and I don't have any black paper!

I have got some sweets in for today but not sure if I will actually set up for Halloween as we don't normally have many anyway on our road. I might just stick the tub outside and let them help themselves.

Maza you can't beat jackets done in the oven, we don't have a microwave.

I am going to make myself a cuppa and find a film to watch and do some of my sewing.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oooo, oven baked tatties are the best ... and a quick tip ... if you bake a whole load of them, you can let them cool, cut in half and then FREEZE ... then you can have a quick baked potato in the microwave that tastes great! .... I love a baked potato!

10. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do love a good jacket potato, especially done in the oven. I like your tip to freeze them Loocyloo!

We've had lots of trick or treaters here tonight and the sweets have all gone so I've taken the pumpkin balloon out of the window. One of my ex-mindees came knocking. It was so lovely to see her and I did give her a LOT of sweets

12. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh I’ve put who is doing Diwali on a different post sorry everyone 😮 it’s me what do you expect!

We done clay Dija pots last week, will paint this week and doing some craft Dina pots with flame for younger ones who couldn’t do clay ones. Guess we will also to some fireworks for the 5 th and Diwali.

Loocyloo thank you for the jacket potato freezer tip, didn’t know that .

Also if you put a metal skewer through the potato in the oven, it cuts the cooking time.

14. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oooo, thanks for metal skewer tip Dragonfly. I didn't know that. x

16. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to give everyone the tip

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh the skewer tip is genius! I also didn't know you could freeze them!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're all going to have freezers full of oven cooked, skewered jacket potatoes

This post has reminded me that I used to have one of these. I wonder what I did with it. I guess it got chucked when I started microwaving potatoes!

503 - Service Unavailable Error

20. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m definitely going to try a freezer some, well you buy frozen ones don’t you? Thanks for the idea loocyloo