Good afternoon Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Monday

Are all your schools on their half term break this week? I'd forgotten it was half term, so did wonder why there was so little traffic this morning!

It's been a lovely day and we've spent a lot of time in the garden. It's very autumnal out there. Do you find you use your garden differently depending on the time of year? In the summer I have activities and resources set up on mats and we spend time doing the same sort of things as we would do if we were indoors. At this time of year there's definitely more running round and less sitting on the ground.

Yesterday I did a really silly thing. I was sitting watching TV, with my feet up on the sofa. I got up to go to the kitchen but the foot I'd been sitting on was completely dead and I couldn't feel it at all - it was like jelly! I tried to walk on it anyway but didn't get far because it gave way under me and I ended up on the floor! I now have a very sore foot and bruises on my arm and back where I hit the table as I fell. My family are so unsympathetic - they all laughed when I told them what I'd done I've been hobbling round today in my slippers as I can't get a shoe on. Thank goodness it was dry outside!

So now the children have all gone home I'm sat with my foot up, resting it while I watch TV and persuade DH to make me a coffee!

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh no Mouse! Get better soon.

It's my day off ... even though I've actually got most of half term off as DD is back at dance competitions! But none today, so we went to see Dear Evan Hansen ( I cried a bit, DD sobbed for most of it! ) at the cinema and then into town for shopping. I'd vaguely 'forgotten' it is half term and everywhere is heaving with tourists! Remembered why we don't come in that often!

Enjoy half term xxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Mouse, hope you feel better soon!

Loocyloo, I haven't heard of that film.

I had one away today with hfm. He's going to be off all week. He's such a darling, and no trouble, but it was so much easier with just two instead of three (I know lots of you have more than that everyday). It means I will get to finish at 4pm instead of 6 on two of his days.

If you have a child with hfm in your setting, do you inform other parents? I do have two pregnant mums - and one is due in 4 weeks time.

Yes Mouse, now that you mention it, we do do different things in the garden through the seasons. One thing I do like about this time of year is that I don't really worry about the slide being wet, because they all have waterproofs on anyway, so I don't feel the need to wipe it down before they go on it.

I used my mood stars today with an almost three year old who is a sensitive soul. He can't listen to stories where a character is sad or angry, but today we read a Pip and Posy book - one which has unnerved him in the past - and each time one of the characters showed a strong emotion, we found the appropriate mood star. He was so chilled when we read it this way!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza ... Dear Evan Hansen is a musical about a socially inept teenage boy who finds himself inventing a friendship with a boy who died, in order to help the grieving family. It's very moving, with lots about mental health etc. The film is a 12A. And just lots to think and talk about. I think it should almost be compulsory viewing for teenagers. But with support available.

Your mood stars sound really good, and a perfect way to use them. X

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening.

We are on half term so have I taken the week off, yesterday I went out for the day with friends then today we have had our little niece for the day so we went out to a local park. Tomorrow I am having my flu jab first thing then I need to catch up with some housework, washing etc while we wait for some deliveries.

Loocyloo I didn't know the story behind 'Dear Evan Hansen' either, it doesn't take much to make my cry so I would probably need a whole packet of tissues by the sound of it.

Maza glad you are enjoying your Mood stars.

Mouse hope your foot is on the mend.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza liked this post