Welcome to a wet and windy Wednesday!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome to a wet and windy Wednesday!

It's miserable out there this morning, so we're not going far today unless it brightens up considerably!

I've brought the tuff spot indoors and have put lots of craft bits on it for the children to help themselves. I know 2 of them will head straight for the glue sticks and glue everything in sight! The other one loves stickers so I've put plenty of those out as well. I did consider putting pots of paint out, but know that will end in disaster so have compromised with paint sticks. They make as much mess, but it is easier to clean up!

Pixie Dust, did you watch Holby last night? I really think it's on its last legs now. It's as if they've got a few random plots left over so have decided to throw them in to make sure all the ideas get used before it ends. It certainly seems to have lost direction and I really don't think I'll miss it when it finishes. Bringing back old characters seems a bit pointless. The whole Cameron storyline was rubbish!

Enjoy your days everyone. I hope you stay dry if you're doing school runs!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I opened the door this morning to a mum and mindee who looked like a pair of drowned rats, bless them! Dad had accidentally taken the car seat to work in his car and so mum had to walk with mindee. They live a fair distance away.

It's just stopped, but if I put the little ones in the pushchair now they will fall asleep and our whole day will be out, so not sure what to do now. They are playing nicely, but they will need a change of scenery soon! Our gardens a bit too slippery after the rain, as it is on a slight hill.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had 1 to take to school so we did walk, we had the umbrellas to keep us dry, I will only take the car if I really have to. I have just the 1 little one this morning and they have been happy playing, the sun did break through for a bit so we have been out and planted some bulbs then they had fun playing with all the water that had collected in the pots and pans.

Mouse I agree with you re Holby and the storylines they are using. I did read somewhere that all the big soaps are having some sort of crossover for climate change, not really sure how they are doing it, I don't watch any other soaps but it includes Holby.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I just had 1 to take to school so we did walk, we had the umbrellas to keep us dry, I will only take the car if I really have to. I have just the 1 little one this morning and they have been happy playing, the sun did break through for a bit so we have been out and planted some bulbs then they had fun playing with all the water that had collected in the pots and pans.

Mouse I agree with you re Holby and the storylines they are using. I did read somewhere that all the big soaps are having some sort of crossover for climate change, not really sure how they are doing it, I don't watch any other soaps but it includes Holby.

Ooooh, that sounds interesting! I just watch Corrie these days in terms of soaps.

This morning we actually did our fire drill. It's been on my list for ages but we kept cancelling it for one reason or another. Feels so good to finally tick it off my list. The little ones were so good.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to walk to toddler group this morning but it started raining heavily around 9.30 so I decided we would stay at home. It was probably a good idea as the little one I have was tired by around 10.30, and she's having a long sleep rather than a short one in the buggy!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we did the school run in the dry, and went to a wander around the market, and to collect ( more! ) conkers and it was lovely and warm. The rain started about 11 and it hasn't let up! I'm walking a school run in an hour ... No point going in car, as i'd have to park a fair way away from school, and then walk to collect a nursery child from classroom ... and actually ... think i've got too many for the car! ( i'm a touch confused mum messaged to say dad would collect a schoolie early, then to say he'd collect from school, then dad messaged to say he'd be late ... so i have no idea! think i'll scoop up child as usual and go from there! )

we've made veg soup for lunch ( and yummy it was too ) and just done drawing and water play ( with the conkers! )

start dry everyone xx

7. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents can be a bit confusing at times can’t they?. I love it when you ask mum something then later on ask dad the same thing and you get completely different stories.

9. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo, Maza liked this post