Good afternoon Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Thursday

What a lovely sunny morning we had! It did start off a bit cold, but the sun came out and it warmed up beautifully. It seems to be clouding over a bit now, but while it was nice we were in the garden with jumpers and no coats

It's now sleep time for the children. I have one who cries when he sees the sleep mats coming out and insists he doesn't want a sleep. Every time I tell him he doesn't have to sleep, he can just rest for 10 minutes while I tidy up, but he's always the first to be snoring! I've even tried letting him sit on the sofa while the other get settled down, but he falls asleep there as well. He obviously needs a nap and mum prefers him to have one otherwise he falls asleep in the car on the way home.

This evening DH and I are off out for dinner. We had been going each week, but have missed the last couple of weeks with one thing or another. It's lovely to finish work on a Thursday, pack all the toys away, go out for something to eat, then come home and go to bed knowing I don't have to be up early the next day Very, very occasionally I think about working on a Friday, then I remember that Thursday feeling and put the thought out of my head

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone. I hope you've had some sunshine to brighten up the day

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon!

I've just got one little today and we went to the woods and met friends. We had a picnic and then drove home .. she doesn't usually sleep, but has flaked out in the car, so I'm just sitting here for a bit, so she can have a snooze! Usually wakes when I stop the car, but hasn't today, so must be tired! Although I do need to go inside soon as I need to get tea started

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you've got something to help you pass the time Loocyloo! Mouse, enjoy your evening out. I only have two on Fridays and my 'challenging' one doesn't come on a Friday, so I almost feel like it is a day off, lol.

Today has been fine, but a couple of them have fallen asleep at random times, so I won't be getting a break today! Tonight I'm taking DD to Girl Guides for the first time. She's not particularly happy about it, (not really an 'out of school club' type of person),but she really needs to meet some new people, and if it's a good group of girls I think she will enjoy that type of club.

6. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse I love Fridays too now as I finish early, I can't believe how much difference those few little extra hours make to my whole weekend, should have done it ages ago.

We have had quite nice weather today after a cloudy start, I managed to get some washing dry which is always a bonus! We went to our group this afternoon which is a nature based play session which they always enjoy.

I have great memories from my time as a girl guide, my two boys went to cubs/scouts and loved it so hopefully your daughter will enjoy herself Maza.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Maza how did your daughter get on at Guides? My DD goes, which I think has been good for her moving to a new area to meet others that may go to the same high school. She seems to enjoy the activities too.

I have Thursday and Friday both off at the moment! Yesterday I met up with a friend who thought I looked under the weather. I have been much more tired since I started childminding again, I think it's the mental load of running a house with my own kids and remembering all the little bits and pieces for childminding. Remembering the parents evenings, to pay for school trips, DD taking her violin to school on a Thursday. Plus the message from Cubs and Guides is that the kids badges need sewing on...I have a big pile of them! I need to teach DD how to do it. She can sew, so I'm sure she just needs a few pointers! Any time saving tips for looking after the house, sorting out school stuff and childminding??

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DD enjoyed Girl Guides - thanks for asking. She said she'll go again next week, so fingers crossed.

Gosh, tips on childminding/house work etc. It's so hard isn't it? The things that help me are making sure my freezer is stocked up with batch cooked meals and starting the tidying up process sooner than I used to, so during Friday nap time I start to pack away some things and just leave out a few 'none messy' things for the afternoon - then there's not so much to do once the children have left.