Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good evening Wednesday

How's your day been?

We had a day in and around the house as all 3 children have started potty training today so we couldn't be far from the potty at any time! One was brilliant. They've already been using the potty at home and, although I told mum it may take a bit longer here, they used it straight away and had a totally dry day. The other two were much more hit and miss...mainly miss! Talking of potty training, has anyone got any recommendations for bigger potties for boys? Two of the boys I have aren't even 3 yet but are the size of 4 or 5 year olds. It's daft trying to sit them on the potty I've got. They might as well be sat on a teacup! I only have an upstairs toilet and always start the children off on a potty otherwise we're spending the whole day traipsing up and down the stairs.

This evening I nipped out to get a bit of shopping and to grab a coffee. I can't believe Costa is still sold out of decaf! Luckily Starbucks seems to have a steady supply, it just means I have to drive further for my coffee fix. Now that the fuel shortages are sorted, the government really needs to get a grip with the decaf situation

Did anyone watch Bake Off last night? I went to watch it on C4+1, but it wasn't on. There was just a message on screen saying "programmes will follow shortly", but they didn't. After sitting there for a while and realising it wasn't going to come on, I googled it and apparently there's been an issue with some C4 programmes. Very strange! I wasn't that bothered though. I just read my book instead...and that's where I'm off to now, to read in bed!

See you all tomorrow!

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello!

We went out to feed the ducks and one was so tame and gentle, it was taking duck food from our hands!

I've got a large 2 yr old potty training too ...

I have a ( 18 yrs old ) chair potty from mothercare, I can't put a link, but there are several available from sellers online. It is a bit like a half barrel, with a lift out potty half way.

I had to watch bake off through the laptop, and missed the end, but not that fussed! Bread week and Paul said someone's was 'too bready' !!!!

It was cold this morning, but we were down to tshirts for afternoon school run!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening !

We have had another grey damp dreary day, we spent the morning playing then both go home just after lunch which gave me an hour to make an emergency dash to the pet shop as I had run out of cat food, I thought we still had some left but no!

Wow 3 potty training at once.....good luck with that Mouse!
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Three potty training!!! I was supposed to have one potty training this week but he was really ill at the weekend and so parents put off starting until next week. Loocyloo, I also had that potty and really liked it. I got rid of it though when I took a break from childminding.

We spent the morning in the garden. I've mentioned before that I really don't like my garden for childminding because it is on different levels. I keep thinking though that if Ofsted come my children need to be trained in how to use it safely, so my mission is to use it more and tackle all the obstacles. I spent most of the morning watching one of the 18 month olds like a hawk. He gravitates towards hazards. He's more of a 'flitter' than any of the others and so doesn't stay at any activity for long.

Loocyloo - how is your little one who was 'very fond' of washing her hands all the time?

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lol! I was thinking about my hand washer .... she still likes washing her hands, but not quite so often now!

I have stone steps and a terraced edge in my garden. The edge has big pots all the way along the edge and this deters the children, and they quickly learn to negotiate the steps. Ofsted have never commented. I often lay a wide plank, or some guttering down the steps and we use it for rolling balls and cars down. Somehow the children get the hang of the steps and seem much more aware when we do that!

7. Likes Maza liked this post