Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

I have a slow start on a Monday morning, which is nice! I have one child arrive at 8, they're asleep by 9am and the other children don't arrive till 10am or later. It gives me an hour to get sorted or have a cup of coffee in peace.

Today it's cold, but lovely and sunny. Yesterday we had some horrendous rain with hailstones, so I'm glad it's improved today.

What's everyone got planned for the week? We're working on an autumn display so the children will be making some more pictures. I had planned to make hedgehog pictures using leaves, but then realised I'd left the box of leaves outside, in the rain. I'll check how dry they are later, but we might be saving that activity until later in the week!

Enjoy your days everyone

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon ( just! )

I seem to have had a productive morning and apart from finalising accounts for 20/21 and filing them ....

I don't seem to have anything left to do on my work 'to do' list I'm sure that can't be correct, but I shall enjoy it whilst I can!

I was in the works at the weekend, and although I had thought I wouldn't get the minded children a book for Christmas, I was having a look, and found a couple of good christmas story books, and also Polar Express, so I've bought them! I will need to find a little something else to go with them. I also found a nice book called 'the things i love about trees' which goes through the seasons with the tree. I've also just had a bit of a spend on Baker Ross for a few crafts etc for my older children. i do need to stop spending on resources ... but I've seen a lovely wooden sorting tray thing on cosy, and although I often think I can find that/or get/make it myself, this I can't!

It's cold here today, but dry. Forecast isn't great ( understatement of the year! ) for tomorrow, so I'll think we'll stay home and play. I've collected lots of leaves and conkers, and have some pots and tubes for posting/rolling etc. maybe we'll do conker painting too (like marble painting, but with conkers)

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon!

I have Mondays off at the moment so I've been cleaning today. I have put some things away and got some other bits out in the playroom. I am doing a bit of a loose farm animals thing at the moment, along with a bit of Autumn. The girl I look after (18 months) doesn't have a long attention span and isn't into books unless they have buttons so I'm just getting some bits out in the hope of extending her understanding and vocabulary. If the weather is ok tomorrow we may walk to see some farm animals quite close to my house.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ellisha, does your 18 month old have many words? I've got three of a similar age and two of them are really brilliant with language, but the third one isn't yet. He does all the pre language stuff ok, but just not really saying much. As the other two are so good it doesn't seem right to compare him to them, so I was wondering what an 'average' 18 month old is like and when one should start to feel concerned?

I only had two in as one is off ill. I've not had this particular pair by themselves before and it was actually really lovely. The one who is off is lovely too, but it's always interesting to see a different dynamic when someone is off or swaps to a different day with other children.

We had a nice play in the garden and made a start on some autumn crafts and stories.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had quite a lovely sunny day so we made the most of out in the garden. I have just quickly cut the grass as tomorrow it's forecast rain all day!

I am very excited that I have managed to get a second hand tuff tray with a stand as currently I just use my tray on the floor and to be honest I don't use it that much as everyone just crawls through/over it so I thought a stand would be better especially after you all said you use yours a lot.

loocyloo Cosy seem to be taken forever to fulfil orders as I am still waiting for some blocks that I ordered in June! They originally said it could take up to 12 weeks and I have now been told this item will be the end of this month.
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Ellisha, does your 18 month old have many words? I've got three of a similar age and two of them are really brilliant with language, but the third one isn't yet. He does all the pre language stuff ok, but just not really saying much. As the other two are so good it doesn't seem right to compare him to them, so I was wondering what an 'average' 18 month old is like and when one should start to feel concerned?

I only had two in as one is off ill. I've not had this particular pair by themselves before and it was actually really lovely. The one who is off is lovely too, but it's always interesting to see a different dynamic when someone is off or swaps to a different day with other children.

We had a nice play in the garden and made a start on some autumn crafts and stories.
    She doesn't have many words at all. When she started about a month ago I think she could say mama and bye bye, but she was very chatty! She has a couple more words now although she is not using them frequently. I have had quite a few children who don't say much around this age so I will see how she's getting on closer to 2.

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Can’t beat a tuff tray with a stand. Have full size outside and mini inside.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post