Midweek Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Midweek Wednesday

This week is going quickly. I was surprised to realise it’s Wednesday already

It must be noticeably colder this morning - the cats are refusing to go outside! At least it’s dry for now though. Yesterday started off nicely, but we had rain by lunchtime and it hadn’t stopped by the time I went to bed.

One of my parents messaged last night to ask if they could swap a day at half term. I’ve looked at who I’ve got in that week and, by swapping a couple of others around, I’ve managed to get myself an extra day off (I don’t work the Friday anyway)

What’s everyone got planned for today? I’ve got a childminder friend coming to visit with her children this morning. I’m going to be doing some holiday cover for one of them so they’re coming to meet us all. Hopefully the weather will stay dry and we can spend the time in the garden.

Enjoy your days

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh lucky you Mouse getting another day off. Mine are all wanting to increase their days at the moment, and whilst I don't really want to, I have to for the money in order to make up for the quiet times recently.

I've got one off today - he had a 'mild' temperature at home yesterday but is fine today. Thankfully mum has decided to keep him off. What would you do in that position - would you ask for them to be kept at home even though he hasn't got a temperature today?

I've got DH at home - he has put his back out and is waiting for the dr to call him back and hopefully prescribe him something.

Not sure what we'll do today. We've just read Dear Zoo with all the animals as props. As I've only got two, I feel I should make the most of it and go a bit further afield for our walk today.

4. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

That's nice for you Maza that she kept him off. I probably would have taken him if he didn't have a temperature today, but would appreciate the parent keeping him off as he may go down hill again. The girl I look after is not 100%. No temperature but she's been very tired and not herself.

We went to a toddler group this morning and I met some local childminders who were lovely and they invited me to meet up with them at some point. I'm really pleased!

6. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon.

Sounds like you're all having lovely days. That's nice you met some friendly childminders Ellisha.

It's bright and sunny today but windy and chilly. We went for a potter round town, found a couple of lovely books in the library (Baby goes to market and Catch that chicken ... both by the same author and illustrator with gorgeous illustrations, set in a West African country). We then went to have morning tea at church. The children love the biscuits and the older people love chatting to them ! My grizzler was great as long as she wasn't expected to get out of the buggy! So I left her in it!
    2 asleep now and 1 playing tea parties. We might do some cooking, but I can't decide what! Maybe some pastry and make little apple pies!

8. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon.....it's very windy here but bright and sunny. I made the error of thinking it was quite warm when we went to school so didn't bother with my coat.

We had a lovely morning playing out in the garden. One of the mindees who started reception is coming to visit after school today, we don't get to see them anymore as they don't go to the local school. I am looking forward to hearing how they are getting on.

I love that you had morning tea at church loocyloo, what a lovely experience for the children and the adults too.
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

One of mine were off last week with a cough. I did ask for a PCR to be done which she did do.Loocylou you are good going to groups etc. Im still very cautious.

My childminder friend said she went to a group and a child was clearly unwell and then was sick over the floor! Poor child.The parent should of left as soon a child looked unwell .

My childminder friends children have all had hacking coughs and streaming noses over the last month.And are constant being tested.And the local primary school has had covid cases 🙄

Maza I would of asked your child that had had the temperature to stay off for a couple of days. Children are up and down when it comes to illness, just to check they were back to there normal self.

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a really difficult time at the moment with lots of children getting colds etc due to the very nature that people are mixing more than they have for a long time. I know that there are local high school children currently isolating due to Covid but their siblings are attending the local primary school as the school has said they will be mark as unauthorised if they stay home due to a family member having Covid. It's difficult for everyone.
    Pixie Dust

14. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post