Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Noisy Tuesday!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Noisy Tuesday!

At the weekend I bought a couple of electronic toys. I don’t usually have them in my setting, but decided it was something I was missing, so despite my reservations, I bought them. Yesterday was fine. I only had 2 children here and, although they played it them, the noise was bearable.
    Today is a totally different matter! The 2 boys have had them switched on constantly and have done nothing but argue over them! The noise is unbearable and I’ve realised now why I don’t normally have them!

Luckily the sun has come out so we’re in the garden and the noisy toys have found their way onto a high shelf I’m hoping they’ll have forgotten about them by the time we go in for lunch.

Enjoy your afternoons everyone. I hope you’ve all got some sunshine after all the rain yesterday

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

What noisy toys did you get Mouse? I'm not keen on noisy toys, I only have out a couple of books with buttons which are bearable. There are a few noisier toys in my loft should I ever feel the need for them!

There's no sun here today, just rain! We've been inside doing some messy play with some autumn type things and singing some songs. The girl I look after was tired and grumpy so I popped her down for a nap at 11 and then did my invoices. I have a local authority online meeting this evening. I'm finding my new local authority much more helpful and supportive than my old one. The old one was great, but they cut back on everything about 3 years ago.

Hope everyone else is having a nice day.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We've had a lovely bright sunny morning, so we went for a quick jaunt around the zoo. Home for lunch and naps! I could do with a nap too!

Rain forecast at 3pm .... 10mm !!! going to be a wet school run. Luckily all children have coats today, but one has come in canvas doodles! hey ho! not much i can do about that!

I have a whole box full of noisy electronic toys ... and it spends most of it time away in a cupboard! They do love them though. i tend to keep them for rainy days/special occasions!

Enjoy your online training Ellisha. My LA seems to be offering a lot more online now, and i think it is probably the way it will carry on, as i am in a HUGE county and it wasn't unusual for people to travel at least an hour for training.

I need to do a 'new' 2 yr check tonight. I have downloaded a sample/template one from Childcare.co.uk, and will see how it works for me ... i think i'll probably need to re-jig it a bit.

stay dry everyone.

xxx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

After a busy day yesterday and again today finally found five minutes to pop on and catch up!

Last night I had to go out to a meeting straight after work so when I came back at 9pm I then had to clean the playroom floor and finishing cleaning up! Today has been busy too with the babies, we went outside this morning as it's been nice. I do feel sorry for the 3 year old as she does miss her older friends that started school and they have been replaced with little ones.

We don't really have any noisy electronic toys, some of the Happyland things used to make noises but I haven't replaced the batteries for a while. There are only so many times you can hear the 'door' on repeat!

Bake off again tonight it seems to have come around quickly!
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh pixie, 'hear the door on repeat' made me laugh out loud! The worst is when the batteries are actually dying and so the noise sounds even worse, a bit like a horror movie.

6. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post