Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sunny Sunday!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunny Sunday!

We've got another lovely day here. It's slightly cooler than it has been, but it's bright and sunny so that's all that counts!

How's your weekend going?

I haven't really been up to much. I'm not sure what happened to yesterday - it seemed to go in a flash, but I'm not sure what I actually did to fill the time

This morning I got up and pulled everything down from the top of the wardrobes. I've been meaning to sort it all for ages, but keep putting it off. This morning I just went for it! The bed and floor are now covered with 'stuff', so I've got no choice but to get on and clear it...I'll just have another cup of coffee first

I hope you're all managing to relax before another week starts. Make the most of what's left of the weekend

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse - how is your infected insect bite? We ended up in a and e last night because DD had an infected bite. I had just wanted to go to the pharmacy to get some cream and I showed them a photo of the bite. They said it needs to be looked at and told me to phone 111 to get them to refer me to an out of hours surgery. After the best part of an hour I got through to 111 who told me to take her to hospital, as that was the nearest out of hours. Obviously we were in there for hours - I'm just so grateful they have a separate children's waiting room. Anyway, three of her insect bites are actually infected and she has been given some strong anti-biotics. We had to go across town to find a pharmacy which was still open to collect her prescription. So, my whole day was taken up by that. Today, I've just been catching up on chores, but we've got to go out in search of big plasters to cover them up, as everywhere was out of stock yesterday evening.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Maza, your poor DD. Hope she gets better soon.

I went to church this morning and have spent most of the test of the day sitting in the sun reading! I did tidy up all my garden toys as well though!

I have loads of jobs to do ( including those wretched accounts ) but as it's meant to rain tomorrow, I'm going to do them all then, as I won't want to go out!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Spending the day in the garden today just moving and planting up and generally tidying up. On a countdown to a week off in Devon next week. Just hoping the petrol problem is sorted by then. I’m afraid of getting there then not being able to get home again! Hope all those insect bites get better soon. I keep finding some scary Looking spiders in the garden as well as the house

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your daughter is feeling better today Maza.

Mouse I hope you managed to sort all your stuff out.

I haven't really done much, a bit of sewing, reading, housework and started to tidy the garden. I have washed my bedding and I need to make my bed back up before it gets too late.
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Your poor daughter, Maza. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. I ended up with 2 infected bites but they did clear up before I'd finished the antibiotics. I have still got what looks like a bruise on my knee where I had the biggest bite, but it's fading slowly.

Sylvia, fingers crossed the petrol situation will sort itself out before you go away. Our DD came to visit today. She lives about 20 minutes away and was hoping to get petrol on her way here as she had very little left. She passes lots of petrol stations on the way, but none of them had any fuel. She did wonder how she was going to get home, so we had to phone round a few petrol stations to see if any of them were open...and had fuel. We found one nearby so she went dashing off there and managed to fill her tank.

I had a really good day sorting. I did have to put some stuff back on top of the wardrobes, but at least it looks tidy now, rather than just precariously piled up. I had a lot of bits to get rid off so DD has taken it all with her as she's doing a car boot sale at the weekend. It suits us both. I get a tidier bedroom and she gets more to sell

I'm all set up now ready for tomorrow, so I'm sitting with my feet up for an hour before bed

7. Likes SYLVIA liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent some hours cleaning all my shutters which are across the windows and cleaning the window frames. Seems to take ages. Lots of spiders have been having a field day.

Weather wise it was a humid day Sunday.

Tried to get diesel none around here, meant to be going away Friday but don’t know if we will now if we can’t get diesel. Blooming panic buyers lol

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Hope your daughter is feeling better today Maza.

Mouse I hope you managed to sort all your stuff out.

I haven't really done much, a bit of sewing, reading, housework and started to tidy the garden. I have washed my bedding and I need to make my bed back up before it gets too late.

Pixie dust, if you read what you have listed, you will see that you actually did LOADS today!!

10. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I have washed my bedding and I need to make my bed back up before it gets too late.
    Isn’t that just the worst thing ever? Going up to bed, ready to jump straight in, and realising you’ve forgotten to make it again after washing the bedding

12. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Isn’t that just the worst thing ever? Going up to bed, ready to jump straight in, and realising you’ve forgotten to make it again after washing the bedding
    It really, really is! We've all done it too! Peter Kay does a whole skit with that as the 'punchline'.

14. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    [/COLOR]

Pixie dust, if you read what you have listed, you will see that you actually did LOADS today!!
    That's true
    Pixie Dust

16. Likes Maza liked this post