Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

We've got another cold, but sunny day. The grizzler is asleep, so as soon as they're awake we'll head out into the garden. They do love being outside and I don't have even the slightest grump from them...until we come back indoors!

Yesterday we went for our first story session at the library. The boys did really well walking. It's about 15 minutes each way (half an hour if we stop and look at everything they want to stop and look at!) and they managed it easily. They're normally both reluctant walkers, but I think they like being the 'older' ones now and it's the 'babies' who go in the buggy. The session was lovely. They joined in so nicely, sitting listening to the story and singing along with the songs. They're such a good advert for my business

After all the talk of Bake Off, can you believe I missed it last night?! I didn't even record it so I'll have to find it on catch-up TV. I haven't seen many mentions of it on social media, so I haven't really seen any spoilers. Hopefully I'll get to see it tonight.

Well, the sun's out, the grizzler is awake (and grizzling), so we're off into the garden.

Enjoy your days everyone!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true Mouse, the children are sometimes fabulous adverts for our business! I'm sure my current older mindee was one of the main reasons why one of the newer ones couldn't wait to sign up. He was delightful on their first visit bless him.

We've had an unexciting morning really. Just pottered about. We did plant some cress seeds. My grizzler has been pretty good today bless him. He's a real climber though, so there have been a few scary moments. I'm going to rearrange the playroom tonight and put the toy kitchen away for a while.

I didn't watch Bake Off ether because DD said she's not fussed about it any more. I am loving the Handmaid's Tale though. It's pretty dark, but intriguing. Has anyone else seen it?

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a bit of drama this morning. My next door neighbour's garden bin was on fire and a passerby had called the fire brigade! The bin was on the other side of the house to our house and we are detatched from them. Two fire engines turned up although I think the fire had been put out by our neighbours other neighbours by that point. I had to do a quick risk assessment in my head but DH was around to check what was going on and also knock persistently at their door as no one answered for ages. My childminding child wasn't bothered by the fire engines being out side our house!

We have Bake Off to watch later. We (DD and I) are very much into the new Changing Rooms too.

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's another lovely sunny day here, just 2 this morning and they have both gone home now so it's a quick cuppa and tidy round before the school run. That's the babies finished for the week so I can put the high chair/pushchair out of the way. I am sure this hour will fly by and I won't have done anything.

I remember changing rooms the first time round, I watched one episode of the new version but didn't like what they did so haven't bothered again. What they did was very extreme and couldn't imagine having to live with it.
    Last edited by Pixie dust; 22-09-2021 at 12:45 PM.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust that must be the same episode I watched! I used to love it but then started to dislike it because they always seemed to do what the home owner said they didn't like, so it just seemed so set up and fake. My DD might like it though, so maybe I'll give it another go.

Ellisha do you know why your neighbour's bin was on fire? How scary.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Bet the children liked seeing the fire engines.

I started watching the new changing room program but had to turn it off after 15 minutes couldn’t watch it.i used to like it first time round also.

I will watch the bake off Friday when I can go to bed later, usually in bed just after 9 as I don’t get in until around 8 then up very early.I don’t really get to watch TV much at all during the week, don’t think I’ve watched it once this week so far in the evening, though I do have ‘good morning Britain’on in the morning whilst I’m getting ready. I do miss piers Morgan!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ellisha, we watched Changing Rooms last night. I really didn't like it, but DD did, so we might have to watch some more. I'm sure that originally they used to make really nice rooms, but now they seem to make them too wacky.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Pixie dust that must be the same episode I watched! I used to love it but then started to dislike it because they always seemed to do what the home owner said they didn't like, so it just seemed so set up and fake. My DD might like it though, so maybe I'll give it another go.

Ellisha do you know why your neighbour's bin was on fire? How scary.
    They were burning garden waste in their garden the night before and put ashes in their bin that I assume weren't completely out. They are lucky that a passerby saw the fire and called the fire brigade.

I have to say the room designs on Changing Rooms are completely wacky, but I don't mind. I find it fun to watch and my DD loves it.

10. Likes Maza liked this post