Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

What's everyone been up to this morning?

We had a lovely play in the garden, although it was quite cold and cloudy. We're now indoors for snack time. I had stopped doing morning snacks a while ago as the children didn't really need them, but I've realised my grizzler is probably tired and hungry in the morning. They're usually asleep within an hour of arriving, but still grizzle when they wake up. I'm hoping a morning snack might help...at this point I'll try anything! When they're happy, they're really happy, so we have had some lovely times. Here's hoping it carries on getting better!

After lunch we're off to the library for the story and song session. I'm risking taking just the single pushchair in the hope the 2 and a half year olds will walk there and back. I've been training them up to walk longer distances and they are both more than capable, but they both prefer the pushchair. Wish me luck!

Are we all ready for Bake Off tonight? I've bought some cake to eat while I'm watching it

Enjoy your days everyone.

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been in the garden this morning. Mainly playing with sand. It was a nice opportunity for my child to get to know the dog as he's not allowed in the play room. I can tell the dog is a bit nervous and excited as he was chewing grass! The little one has a cold and has been tired most of the morning. I've had her for a week now and have realised she doesn't eat much at all, so I should provide less rather than throwing food away!

Your library session sounds nice. Did it go ok? Our library session is at 11.30 which is lunch/nap time for my little one.

I'll be watching Bake Off. Although I'll save it to watch with DD tomorrow night.

Hope everyone's day is going well.

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How long does it take you to walk to the library Mouse? Our is a bit too far away now sadly.

We've been to the field this morning. It's great as it is enclosed and so doesn't really matter if my three all run in different directions - which they do. I've got one little one who used to be good at stopping whenever I called stop, but today he just ran faster, so I'll have to go back to basics with him and train him up again.

One of my mums yesterday mentioned that one of the other mums (they are friends) wants to start coming on a Friday now. I don't know if that means instead of her usual Thursday or as well as her Thursdays, but it did make me chuckle that she told me and the parent in question hasn't mentioned it herself.

I must say, I've also been chuckling at my grizzler today, knowing that lots of you have grizzlers too! He's really good when playing, but the minute I strap him in somewhere he starts. He expects to be served food the second he is in his highchair, or to be lifted out the very second he has finished eating, and the same with the pushchair - he wants to set off the second he has been put in and lifted out the second we get back home. I go as quickly as I can, but with the best will in the world there is always a few seconds to wait, and the others all manage it beautifully!

6. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to the field Apple picking and have made crumbles. They had great fun me knocking off apples and them putting in the basket.

I was meant to go to library today but they are worn out. So free playing happily.

8. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we had a beautiful day on the beach!

my grizzler was much happier being out and about! she is also much happier once fed !!! Mine too, doesn't like to wait for ANYTHING! and the fuss when i stop the car and don't get her out instantly ... i frequently tell her that i actually have to take the keys out of the ignition and get out of the car myself before i can get her out! she is improving!

That made me laugh Maza ... one mum telling you another wants to add/change a day! I've had that before! it took the mum in question months to tell me she wanted to change days, and i then had to say, what a shame you hadn't mentioned this, as i had a space 2 months ago, but now i don't!

10. Likes Pixie dust, Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had another lovely morning in the garden, we are having a couple of days at home whilst the new little one settles in plus I am not ready to attempt outings just yet with 2 x 1year olds and a 3 year old, I used to do this regularly but its been a while . these little ones are giving my muscles a workout with all this bending and stretching

Anyway time to watch Bake off ....I have recorded it so I can fast forward the adverts.
    Pixie Dust

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had an unexpected free day between school runs today as the 2 little ones have both got colds. So I spent the day in the garden moving and planting out some plants. So relaxing so by the time the schoolers got home I was in quite a good mood. They all sat and played games together before going home early for Cubs.

13. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Sylvia what good parents you have not sending the children with colds. I’ve had one ask if a child can come with what they thing is croup.... let me think about that!.

I think it’s going to be a tough winter where child illnesses are concerned. I know it’s tough not sending them and an inconvenience and I completely understand that , but should they come with coughs/ colds..No odd sniffle,yes otherwise we’d be closed all the time.

Hope everyone has a good day.