Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

We've got another cold day, but the sun is shining so I'm hoping it might warm up like it did yesterday. Do you still keep your windows open to ventilate the play areas? I open the windows first thing when I come downstairs, but it's starting to get a bit too cold to have them open all day. My own children are always moaning about how cold it is and even I'm starting to feel it now.

Today I'll have the two almost 3 year old boys here. They spend the whole day flitting between being the best of friends and absolutely hating each other. One minute they're fighting over the toys, then the next minute they're hugging and laughing over something totally daft. I'm doing lots of sharing/taking turn games with them at the moment...and lots of activities they can do individually on different sides of the room I'm also constantly reminding one of them that the toys are mine, not his! If he's so much as touched a toy during the day, he considers it 'his' and if another child touches it he goes charging over, shouting "get off, it's mine!"

This evening DH and I are going for our weekly meal out. We have been going to the same local pub each time, but as it's now become a regular thing, we're going to start trying different places. Tonight we're off to an Italian restaurant in town. I haven't been there for a long time, but last time I went I had a delicious chicken pasta dish. I'm hoping they still do it

Have good days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

It's quite sunny here and still quite mild. I expected moving up North it would be a lot colder! Windows are open and it's not too cold at all.

I feel your pain with the 3 year old boys. I once had 1 3 year old boy and 2 almost year old boys at the same time on day a week. Sometimes it would work and other days it was a constant battle!

I've been to the garden centre to get some bulbs and will spend the afternoon planting and weeding. I have a Mum and baby visiting in a minute for a space in January.

It's lovely that you have a weekly meal out with DH. I hope you enjoy the Italian.

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

3. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We've been out to feed the ducks and collected lots of Autumn leaves. Back home they've been added to the sandpit ( aka swamp! ) no idea what they are doing, but they're all very busy and chatting lots!

It's been lovely and sunny and warm enough to wear just a tshirt/long sleeved top, but dark grey clouds are threatening! ....

I've been keeping windows and doors open, unless it's raining heavily. So far it hasn't felt cold, but my family moan it is cold when they get home in the evening! I'll just be asking mindees to bring a spare jumper/fleece to keep at mine like last winter!

Does anyone have outdoor cushions etc? I'm wondering about getting some as we're outside so much and I usually sit on stone steps, which are getting cold! ( never really noticed before! ) maybe I'll get some of those foam mats?

Today is NATIONAL PLAYDOUGH DAY apparently! So we'll have the playdough out later!

5. Likes Dragonfly, Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, it’s turned so warm here today. Meant to be the best day of the week expecting rain tomorrow.

We use little nursery chairs outside perfect to use with the tuff tray.you know the ones they use in nursery’s and they stack. I pop them just inside the shed door but actually they have been outside most of the summer.Also have a padded folding big mat.

My door and windows stay open also. Last winter was a nightmare windows open and heating on,what was the point of the heating being on.

The foam mats I use in the house loocyloo and they are really warm to sit on. I have oak floors which are cold during winter ( especially with windows open) reckon they would be quite good outside.

I need some ideas what to plant in some old gruffalo wellies a child has worn out.what are you planting Ellisha?

Oh and we went to collect some Acorns, well to see if big enough yet, there are known on the trees!,

7. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I've planted some daffodils and tulips. Looking forward to spring already!

9. Likes Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisha View Post
    I've planted some daffodils and tulips. Looking forward to spring already!
    Spring flowers are my favourites. Last year we planted snowdrops, daffodils, tulips, crocuses and hyacinths. It was lovely when they all came through.

11. Likes Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We ended up with another beautiful day and spent most of the day in the garden. The terrible two still spent most of the time arguing over toys, but it doesn’t seem so bad when we’re all outside in the sunshine

We found some animal poop in the garden so we were googling to see what sort of animal it had come from. I decided it was probably from a hedgehog, though one of the children identified it as otter poo. I said I thought it was very unlikely, but they were adamant it looked like the picture. All part of a normal day for a childminder

13. Likes Pixie dust, Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had a lovely warm day here, we spent the morning outside then after lunch we went to a nature group which was lots of fun, my little ones really enjoyed it. It's been a really lovely day I don't know if it's because on Thursday it's my 3 year olds so we don't have to worry about keeping things out of the way or the panic on a 3 years face when an 11 month old is about to bulldoze through their lovely brick construction

I have a bench outside that I use plus we have a big waterproof outdoor cushion that I bought from an early years catalogue a few years back which when it arrived turned out to be a dog's cushion but it does the job!

Shopping for spring bulbs is on my 'to do' list for this weekend.
    Pixie Dust