Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

It's still a bit cold this morning, but at least it's dry. Yesterday it rained the whole day. I don't think there was a break in it at all.

I've seen a bit of improvement in the grizzler this morning. We have had some time when they've played without crying, so that's a definite improvement. Once again I've put them down for an early sleep and they went straight off. I think that's the way forward. Yesterday was a particularly bad day, even after their sleep, but they're struggling with teething and a cold, so that didn't help.

Do any of you have ponds in your garden? I'd really like a raised pond and at the moment I'm looking into table height planters to turn into a very small pond/water feature. I really just want one to put frogspawn in next year, but I don't know if it would be too high for the frogs! When you collect frogspawn, what do you do with the frogs? Do you take them back to where you got it from? I haven't had any since I was a child. I can remember the frogs growing but I don't know what we did with them.

How's your wrist today Pixie Dust? It's probably worth trying a support if you're going to be lifting children for a while. I find it's my knees that really feel the strain. They've always been bit dodgy, but I think all the kneeling and getting back up again is starting to wear them out!

Enjoy your days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse you could give your frogs a ladder.... sorry!

That would be fine, but as with any pond you will have to provide oxygenating plants to help keep water clear and rocks stones, plants so frogs can get out of the water as they change.
    As they grow from tadpoles to froglets to baby frogs ( and they are so sweet) you can leave them to go in cool shady places in your garden or you can take them back to where you got them. I’d say make a little pond area, let them change and then leave them to go in your garden to keep snails slugs etc away.

Such a great experience for children to watch them change.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought I would pop on as I have a quiet couple of minutes, only have my reception child here as they are only doing half days this week. I am enjoying the fact that I will have an hour and half free between lunch and the pm school run on Wednesdays.

Mouse my wrist isn't too bad today thanks, I haven't ever used a wrist support so just not sure if it will help. My other new starter had their second visit today and will be starting properly next week just 2 mornings to start with.

DH has arranged for us to go out tonight with daughter and her boyfriend, I was not impressed when he told me as I hate going out during the week as I get tired and just want to relax at home. I am turning in to a right ole grump The table is booked for 7.45pm which is late for us to eat too

Have fun whatever you are all up to today!
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hope you enjoy your meal out Pixie.

I'd love a pond for frogs too, but as my cats love eating frogspawn and chasing frogs, I just can't bring myself to have one! my neighbour has a pond with lot sof fish, newts and usually frogs/frogspawn, so we make frequent visits! I am thinking that maybe next year i'll collect some of hers and 'grow' it on at home, and then take it back ... this year all her tadpoles got eaten by something! ( probably the toss up between the newts and my cats vile things! )

We went to our local zoo today, and I had my foot thoroughly washed by a lemur in the lemur walkway! BUT, as he had muddyish feet, I then had a muddy foot where he was standing on my foot! The children thought it was hilarious! The temptation to stroke the lemur though ... the keepers say not to, but if you don't want them to lick, ( they often lick peoples boots! ) then you can gently push them away with your hand. I've been and done lemur feeding a few times, and they are just wonderful animals.

My grizzler didn't grizzle at all today ( just a token grump on arrival ) ... either asleep or we were out! ( or eating! ) seems to be the way to go!

7. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great day we had! The weather picked up and it was lovely and sunny. The child who'd been on holiday for 4 weeks came back and settled straight back in as if they'd never been away...and the grizzler hardly grizzled and was the happiest they'd been since they started (there must be something in the air Loocyloo!)

It was such a lovely day and made me realise why I love this job

The lemur walk sounds fab, Loocyloo. You're very lucky living so close to the zoo. Ours is a good hours drive away and is very expensive.

Enjoy your meal out Pixie Dust. I struggle doing much on a work night! That's why DH and I have started going out for tea on a Thursday night - I've got the next day off to recover!

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Mouse you could give your frogs a ladder.... sorry!

That would be fine, but as with any pond you will have to provide oxygenating plants to help keep water clear and rocks stones, plants so frogs can get out of the water as they change.
    As they grow from tadpoles to froglets to baby frogs ( and they are so sweet) you can leave them to go in cool shady places in your garden or you can take them back to where you got them. I’d say make a little pond area, let them change and then leave them to go in your garden to keep snails slugs etc away.

Such a great experience for children to watch them change.
    That's really helpful, thank you. I even like the idea of a little ladder for them

Both neighbours either side used to have ponds and we used to get frogs jumping through our garden to get from one to the other!

11. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your meal pixie dust!

After work today, DH talked me into sitting in the garden for an hour (I finished at 6) with a magazine and a glass of wine. It was such a beautiful evening and so we wanted to make the most of it before the cold weather sets in. It was lovely, but it did mean I didn't get some chores done. Never mind.

My grizzler is on holiday this week. It's definitely been calmer without him.

13. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to say I had a lovely meal out last night thanks. It's so easy to get stuck in to habits I must admit I was quite grumpy about the whole thing before we went out but it was lovely and it was one of my favourite local restaurants.
    Pixie Dust

15. Likes Maza, Mouse, Dragonfly liked this post