Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

We've got a really wet and miserable day here so I don't think we'll be going far, especially as the first child to get here has arrived without a coat!

It's the grizzler who's already here...and is already fast asleep. I've realised they could be tired when they get here in the morning, so once the grizzling started I thought I'd try putting them down for a sleep. They went off really quickly so I'm guessing they were tired. I've got my fingers crossed they wake up in a better mood!

Good luck Ellisha with your new child. I hope you both have a good day! Let us know how you get on.

Last night I saw a trailer for Bake Off, starting next week. Who's going to be watching it? I will be, if I remember when and where's it's on!

Enjoy your days everyone. I hope you don't get too wet if you're doing school runs!

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

My grizzler arrived at 7.30 and was asleep in the buggy by 7.45! Much happier when she woke on the school run!

The forecast is dreadful, but, so far! all we've had is a few drops of rain! One of mine has added today to her mix, so although they all know each other, I'm letting them potter and play to settle in. Then we'll be out of a walk.
    On our way home from school, a lady offered us a marrow from her front door, so we'll be having that for tea! ( was doing cottage pie so will cook it in marrow! ) We're going to see what else is on offer on our walk! This time of year there are usually all sorts of freebies!

Have a brilliant day Ellisha xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Ellisha!!

Oh loocyloo, a marrow, how exciting! I find children are fascinated with big fruits and vegetables. One of mine has a rotation schema going on and I read a suggestion of adding real 'round' food to the home corner, so that it what we have been doing. We started off with carrots and potatoes and then a couple of other hardy bits and pieces. A marrow would be fantastic, but I'm not going to by one. It got me thinking though - is there any fruit/veg that isn't round/curved?

Well it must be a morning for sleepyheads, because one of mine arrived asleep today too, which is unheard of. He's the only one I have today because one is on holiday and the other is ill.

Have a lovely day everyone! Keep dry!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse - how was your grizzler after their sleep?

I'll definitely be watching Bake Off. Me and DD (she's 10) love it, although she gets upset when her favourites leave. I normally start baking again each time Bake Off starts up again. We have 2 cooking apple trees in the garden, so many apple cakes are made!

It's been pretty good so far with my new starter. We had a trip to the park this morning and I have properly introduced her to my dog. It took a while for her to go to sleep, but as I only have her I didn't mind too much. I had two enquiries yesterday and have visits from them on Thurs and Fri. I tried to get them to both visit on Thurs so I could have Friday to relax, but I'm having a busy week anyway. We visited a high school with my DD last night and have another school to visit tomorrow eve!

Hope Tuesday is going well for everyone.

6. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We didn't get as much rain as expected so we still managed to spend the morning outside then the rain arrived later this afternoon. I am now struggling with with my wrist which I was expecting to happen once I started having to lift and carry little ones again. I am thinking about getting some sort of wrist support as I guess after working in childcare for over 30 years my wrist doesn't like me holding little ones ! Mouse I hardly ever get new ones start any older than babies as they always seem to start when mum goes back to work about 10 months old!

We currently have a small pumpkin in the playroom which the children are fascinated by. We have a weekly veg box delivery, you never now what will be in it as it's all locally sourced, we often get a marrow in that. I quite like it when we get something different to the usual carrots/cauliflower/broccoli.

Elishia what breed of dog do you have? I have a sprocker who is now about 18 months old, he is crazy and drives me to distraction at times but wouldn't be without him.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Pixie sorry about your wrist. It's my back that plays up when I go back to looking after/lifting little ones. For the first few weeks it was aching all the time and so I stopped lifting them up so often and would cuddle them on the floor.

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh Pixie sorry about your wrist. It's my back that plays up when I go back to looking after/lifting little ones. For the first few weeks it was aching all the time and so I stopped lifting them up so often and would cuddle them on the floor.
    It's quite hard isn't it? I have tried to minimise the amount of lifting/holding. I have my other little one restarting with their visits tomorrow as everything got put on hold as the family got Covid so that means I will be having 3 on a Mon/Tues I must admit I have enjoyed just having 2 every day I haven't even advertised my other spaces for the end of the week after the other one didn't turn up.
    Pixie Dust

12. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

goodness, we're all falling apart! Hope your wrist is ok.

I have a dodgy back ( lower and upper ) and today, it appears my foot is a bit dodgy!

I've got a few 'bitty' spaces coming up, and I'm not looking to fill them! I'm crazy busy before and after school, and have somehow ended up starting work at 7.30 or 7.45 every morning, instead of the 8/8.30 it has been for the past couple of years, that i decided i was going to keep things quiet during the day!

Maza, you can get spiky'ish' fruit ... pineapple, dragon fruit, artichokes, but I think they are all rounded. I did see that someone somewhere ( Japan? ) had grown a square tomato by putting a box round it as it grew!
    I like the sound of the veg box Pixie, but there doesn't seem to be a scheme round here. My local lidl often have boxes of random fruit and veg for £1.50, and i sometimes buy one of those and see what we can make with the contents. I made an 'interesting' soup the other week with a HUGE sweet potato, a courgette and a bag of 'lettuce leaves with shredded beetroot' a few tomatoes and spices and it was quite nice!

night x

14. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh yes Loocyloo, we could move on to textures with fruit. We saw a spiky horse chestnut case the other day and I introduced the word spiky. Thanks for doing my next steps for me!

16. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    We didn't get as much rain as expected so we still managed to spend the morning outside then the rain arrived later this afternoon. I am now struggling with with my wrist which I was expecting to happen once I started having to lift and carry little ones again. I am thinking about getting some sort of wrist support as I guess after working in childcare for over 30 years my wrist doesn't like me holding little ones ! Mouse I hardly ever get new ones start any older than babies as they always seem to start when mum goes back to work about 10 months old!

We currently have a small pumpkin in the playroom which the children are fascinated by. We have a weekly veg box delivery, you never now what will be in it as it's all locally sourced, we often get a marrow in that. I quite like it when we get something different to the usual carrots/cauliflower/broccoli.

Elishia what breed of dog do you have? I have a sprocker who is now about 18 months old, he is crazy and drives me to distraction at times but wouldn't be without him.
    He is a border collie. He's around 4 years old but as he's a rescue dog we're not exactly sure of his age. We only got him in May and he is very much part of the family now.

18. Likes Pixie dust, Maza liked this post