Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

It's slightly cooler today, which is nice, but I've checked the weather forecast and I think we should have a dry day. Has anyone had any thunder storms yet? At the beginning of the week it said we would get some today, but when I looked this morning, it said they're due tomorrow. So really it's anyone's guess when or if we get any!

This is my last working day of the week and I'm ready for a day off tomorrow. This is the first week with my new cohort and I'm really missing the ones who have left for school. I realise now how good they were at tidying up! I've now got all under 3s - a mix of 2.5 year olds and 1.5 year olds. They're all at the stage of emptying everything onto the floor and not really playing with anything. Then, when I say "should we all have a tidy up?" I'm met with a wall of blank faces I'd say that to the 4 year olds and everything would be back in its box or on the shelf in record time. I need to train the younger ones in the art of putting toys away
    I'm also finding them harder work as they need to learn a few boundaries. Mainly, if another child is playing with a toy, don't go and take it off them, don't throw toys at each other and don't jump on the sofa! I know they'll soon learn the rules and get into a good routine here - it'll just take a bit of work to get them there!

As it's been a busy week, DH and I are going out for dinner tonight so I don't have to cook and he doesn't have to wash up I think we'll make it our regular Thursday treat!

Enjoy your days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon!

It's another hot, sunny day here. I have 2 x 3 year olds today and its been great not having to worry if an 11 month old was about to crawl through a fantastic brick creation

I am looking forward to tomorrow as it's the first Friday that I start finishing a bit earlier, tomorrow will be 3pm then from next week I am only working Friday mornings I have always done a Friday school pick up so I have had to write reminders in my diary that I won't be doing it anymore.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are supposed to have thunder storms too. It's not particularly sunny, but soooo muggy.

When I did the wanderlust course, there was a lovely book called 'Thunder Cake' where the grandma made thunder cake when it thundered. I did consider watching it with the children on youtube (I don't have the book) and then making a cake, but it didn't thunder. I know we could still do it, but we'll see what time they both wake up. We had a lovely morning in the woods and I actually took them into a playground. We've been avoiding them throughout the pandemic. They loved it and it is so what they need.

Listening to you all talk about having much younger children now does make me giggle. They are hard work! My hardest one used to come just one day a week and has just gone up to three days a week. I wasn't looking forward to it to be honest, but it has enabled me to get him into more of a routine, so it's better for everyone in the long run.

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, can someone tell me how to like someone else's post? I can't see any kind of like button and feel rude not liking replies!

We had heavy rain overnight and it's just started raining again just in time for the school run for my kids. It always starts at school run time!!

I had my new one this morning for a settling in session. She got over her Mum leaving quickly and we mainly enjoyed exploring the treasure basket. Total bliss as I mainly had boys before who were into everything all the time!

Enjoy your dinner out Mouse.

6. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ellisha, look just under all your typing on the screen. There is a pale pink banner and then just under that it says 'like this post'. You just click on that. x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is today over?!!!

Back to school runs and lots of children after school .... going to take me a while to get my head back in to gear, and also for the new schoolies to settle in and feel comfortable.

We just pottered at home and went to the library and park to pick blackberries. Then made blackberry buns! ( with a conversation about being healthy and not having lots of sugar!!!! ) we had a 10 minute downpour at 8.15 am and thunderstorms were forecast for this afternoon, but they haven't occurred yet!

I'm just going to collapse tonight! Although tomorrow should be an easy day!

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Ellisha, look just under all your typing on the screen. There is a pale pink banner and then just under that it says 'like this post'. You just click on that. x
    I really don't think I have the like this post thing. Only reply with quote!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisha View Post
    I really don't think I have the like this post thing. Only reply with quote!
    I don't have the like button on my phone, but I do on my laptop or i-pad.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I might have explained it wrong. You don't look under 'your' typing, you look under the writing on the post that you want to like.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm on my laptop and it's still not there. I wonder if it's because I only have basic member access and you all have full member access? Anyway, I like all your posts in my head!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hadn’t even noticed that Ellisha!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisha View Post
    I'm on my laptop and it's still not there. I wonder if it's because I only have basic member access and you all have full member access? Anyway, I like all your posts in my head!
    You'll just have to keep posting "I like that!" after each post. You'll soon get your post count up...if that's what turns you into a full access member.

15. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Accessing the FULL (Green) member area

This is a very old post but it does explain how to become a full access member.

You need to keep posting Ellisha!