Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

It looks like we've got another sunny day to look forward to. We're just waiting for the last child to arrive before we go out into the garden. I've set the water table up already so I'm sure they'll head straight to that.

Today I've got one of my term time only children back. Considering he hasn't been here for 6 weeks, he's doing so well. He had a few tears at the door, but was soon playing happily, as if he'd never been away. He was so excited when he realised his friends were already here. Hopefully he won't remember that he used to clash terribly with one of them. I'm hoping they can have a fresh start after the long break!

Once this warm spell of weather is over, I'm going to start on Autumn activities. Has anyone got any new books to read or any exciting activities planned? Last year one of our main books was Pumpkin Soup, which the children really enjoyed. As the older children have now left and as the younger ones probably won't remember it as much, I'm thinking of doing that again.

Talking of books, is anyone reading anything good at the moment? I've just started reading The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman. So far it's been easy to get into and I'm enjoying it. I need an easy read for bedtime - I'm normally so tired I'm falling asleep so I need something that's not too complicated

Enjoy your days everyone. I hope the sun is shining for you.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, got my autumn sign and planning up but not doing until sun leaves us on Thursday.

Have got a lovely book about a hedgehog and donkey called The very helpful hedgehog.Also a book called The lost acorns by An vrombaut.

I really like pumpkin soup also. The book!

We emptied the big caterpillar tank today now the caterpillars have all changed into cocoons so a good experience for the children but also-lovely to have the tank out the way.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been out for a walk this morning. Didn't see/do anything particularly interesting on the walk, but always lovely to be out.

I'm not reading anything exciting at the moment. I've got a few magazines that I'm working my way through.

We usually do pumpkin soup too. Autumn activities are lovely.

It's definitely spider season here. I'm spotting them every day, and I have to admit I'm terrified of them.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening

I had my first full day with one of mine little ones and I am shattered! They were really settled and we had a good day but I am worn out. We had a fairly relaxed day just letting the little one get used to everything. The weather has been lovely here too. I am trying not to think about Autumn just yet while the sun is shining

I am reading the Seven sisters series, I am the third book at the moment.

Now going to walk the dog and then see what surprises Holby will throw at us this week!
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Evening all.

We had our last day before back to school tomorrow, and had a great day out in the forest. Hopefully all the big kids will sleep well tonight and be ready for school in the morning! My termtime only wotsit came today and was a bit screamy as predicted, but not too bad. Think it helped that my 'mother hen' holiday only schoolie was here as well, and she loves the little ones, and so really enjoyed interacting with her. My other term term only little one comes back tomorrow, but i know she'll be straight in, as if she's never been away.

We're 'in between' with seasons at the moment ... a bit of summer, a bit of autumn and whatever takes our fancy.

Another sunny day tomorrow, and we're off to visit a local community garden, so will see what they have planted/growing and go from there... usually lots of apples about now, and the start of pumpkins etc.

We like the Hedgehugs books, especially 'hide and squeak', and we read 'TREE' by Patricia Hegarty all year round I know I've got some other autumn books, mainly non fiction, but i can't think off hand what they are.

I've just been reading my way through the last few Louise Penny ' Gamache ' crime books set in Canada. I like them, but i'm getting bored with the characters now. I read the midnight library by Matt Haig recently and that was good. slightly disturbing, but good.
    Last edited by loocyloo; 07-09-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I never write on these threads because I haven't been childminding for a while so feel like a bit of a fraud! But I my first new child sign up today and starts properly next week! Exciting times! I can't wait to start. Maybe some Autumn activities in a few weeks when the leaves start to change colour.

I'll be trying to enjoy my last few days of freedom, but really getting all my paperwork printed and putting locks on some of my kitchen cupboards! I think we have one more hot day before maybe some thunder storms on Thursday.

I keep meaning to read The Thursday Murder Club and some of the Matt Haig books. At the moment I have an exciting book called Preparing for the Perimenopause and Menopause to read. Ha, hoping I'm a year or two off needing it, but thought best to be prepared!

11. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisha View Post
    I never write on these threads because I haven't been childminding for a while so feel like a bit of a fraud! But I my first new child sign up today and starts properly next week! Exciting times! I can't wait to start. Maybe some Autumn activities in a few weeks when the leaves start to change colour.

I'll be trying to enjoy my last few days of freedom, but really getting all my paperwork printed and putting locks on some of my kitchen cupboards! I think we have one more hot day before maybe some thunder storms on Thursday.

I keep meaning to read The Thursday Murder Club and some of the Matt Haig books. At the moment I have an exciting book called Preparing for the Perimenopause and Menopause to read. Ha, hoping I'm a year or two off needing it, but thought best to be prepared!
    Hello Ellisha!

OOOOO, don't stop the fact that you aren't/haven't been working stop you joining in! We all just witter away ... you may have noticed

LOL ... I have that book on my amazon list .... i think i'm possibly at perimenopause, but can't quite bring myself to read it! I don't want to find out what bit of me of going to stop working or go peculiar next

Congratulations and enjoy getting ready for your new mindee. great times ahead. xxx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oooooo ... pumpkin and harvest download in Hygge etsy shop! ... just ready for Autumn!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Ellisha! I stopped minding for a few years and I probably posted every day during that time lol.

Good luck with your new one. Keep posting. x

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Ellisha, yes do come on and join in when you can.

I’m the one thats slightly older and never knows what is going on! Usually one of the others will explain to me.

It’s a great site.welcome.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Hello Ellisha!

OOOOO, don't stop the fact that you aren't/haven't been working stop you joining in! We all just witter away ... you may have noticed

LOL ... I have that book on my amazon list .... i think i'm possibly at perimenopause, but can't quite bring myself to read it! I don't want to find out what bit of me of going to stop working or go peculiar next

Congratulations and enjoy getting ready for your new mindee. great times ahead. xxx
    Thanks for the welcome!

I'm hoping being prepared for perimenopause will help, when I start being even more forgetful, tired or angry with the world!! I just read a book called The Shift which is about menopause but more personal experience. I enjoyed reading it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisha View Post

I'm hoping being prepared for perimenopause will help, when I start being even more forgetful, tired or angry with the world!!
    I think I'm through that stage and out the other side. The only thing I've really noticed is that I'm much more blunt than I might have been before. If someone (usually DH) is annoying me, I tell them straight out. I'm not in the least bit tactful anymore

19. Likes Dragonfly, Maza, loocyloo liked this post