It looks like we've got another sunny day to look forward to. We're just waiting for the last child to arrive before we go out into the garden. I've set the water table up already so I'm sure they'll head straight to that.

Today I've got one of my term time only children back. Considering he hasn't been here for 6 weeks, he's doing so well. He had a few tears at the door, but was soon playing happily, as if he'd never been away. He was so excited when he realised his friends were already here. Hopefully he won't remember that he used to clash terribly with one of them. I'm hoping they can have a fresh start after the long break!

Once this warm spell of weather is over, I'm going to start on Autumn activities. Has anyone got any new books to read or any exciting activities planned? Last year one of our main books was Pumpkin Soup, which the children really enjoyed. As the older children have now left and as the younger ones probably won't remember it as much, I'm thinking of doing that again.

Talking of books, is anyone reading anything good at the moment? I've just started reading The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman. So far it's been easy to get into and I'm enjoying it. I need an easy read for bedtime - I'm normally so tired I'm falling asleep so I need something that's not too complicated

Enjoy your days everyone. I hope the sun is shining for you.